Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #1821
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I had little to no confidence in Brannen bringing in a top 75 player for 2020 PERIOD, yet alone for 2019, after being on the job for less than 3 months.

What tremendous work from Brannen and his staff for making this happen.

After Cumberland leaves, we finally have a player who has a very good chance of becoming "the man" for this program in 2020 (along with Keith), and if not then, then definitely 2021.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #1822
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I had little to no confidence in Brannen bringing in a top 75 player for 2020 PERIOD, yet alone for 2019, after being on the job for less than 3 months.

What tremendous work from Brannen and his staff for making this happen.

After Cumberland leaves, we finally have a player who has a very good chance of becoming "the man" for this program in 2020 (along with Keith), and if not then, then definitely 2021.

A lot of people bought into the idea that we were as could as we could get and thats just how it was.

We haven't played a game yet, but it is nice knowing we have a coach that believes players want to play here and believes he can win a national championship here.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:22 AM   #1823
cincrulz11
Epic Member

when is the last time you read something like this from a UC guy

Chose UC over Kansas, UCLA, Oregon, Xavier, Ohio State & more
Old 06-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #1824
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
This is a great pick up. I'm excited about players 6 thru 10 or the second rotation. Young offensive minded, littered with scorers.

Projected bench scoring should be up! + Freedom of movement...

UC has become very attractive in regard to recruiting in a short period of time. Thanks new staff, and thank you Memphis.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #1825
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
A lot of people bought into the idea that we were as could as we could get and thats just how it was.

We haven't played a game yet, but it is nice knowing we have a coach that believes players want to play here and believes he can win a national championship here.
Cronin was fine. He did good things but he was never the the only one that could succeed at uc. Just like brannen isn’t. There are a lot of great coaches out there at all levels. Just have to find them. We will see if brannen can actually win games now but I don’t think recruiting is going to be a problem.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #1826
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Several fans thought Brannen was satisfied with Horizon level recruits after he had been on the job for a few weeks. Hell, I think Davenport is going to be solid simply based on Brannen's priority of him. He's got decent skills but his intangibles seem to be a locker room and team chemistry windfall. He dreamed of playing here...and he worked his ass off and now he has the chance!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #1827
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Cumberland was 80s... he is great though. But I don’t think was top 50
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #1828
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Several fans thought Brannen was satisfied with Horizon level recruits after he had been on the job for a few weeks. Hell, I think Davenport is going to be solid simply based on Brannen's priority of him. He's got decent skills but his intangibles seem to be a locker room and team chemistry windfall. He dreamed of playing here...and he worked his ass off and now he has the chance!

To think we sign a top 50 guy the same day Forbes publishes an article on Mick and Mick is complaining about coaches saying negative things to recruits about his offense.

UCLA did us such a huge favor. It's unbelievable.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:53 AM   #1829
Vanhoop

Vanhoop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To think we sign a top 50 guy the same day Forbes publishes an article on Mick and Mick is complaining about coaches saying negative things to recruits about his offense.

Huuuuuge!! This kid's got tons of talent for sure. Pretty exciting.
Vanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #1830
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think he also said his teams were always 1st or 2nd in AAC in scoring every year. I didn't check every year but I saw 3rd, 4th and 7th the last 3 years.

I am guessing he meant efficiency...but that's not what recruits are looking at. Disconnected
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote