Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-28-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Someone has to sit a year imo, you cannot put 12 guys out there, Jarron, Keith and Tre will take up the bulk of there minutes at there positions. I know JB wants to run and gun but you cant sub in and out every 3 minutes you have to let the guys on the court together get in a flow together regardless of who is out there.
It might be Harvey or even Harvey and Davenport Between his late arrival and continued rehab from his ankle injury, I think people are way too optimistic about his contributions this year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #12
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
C: Diarra (20), Sorolla (10), Scott (10)
PF: Scott (20), Prince (15), Moore (5)
SF: KW (25), Moore (10), Jarron (5)
SG: Jaevin (25), Jarron (10), Moore (5)
PG: McNeal (15), Jarron (15), Harvey/MAW (10)

RS: Davenport and possibly MAW or Harvey.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:03 AM   #13
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Someone has to sit a year imo, you cannot put 12 guys out there, Jarron, Keith and Tre will take up the bulk of there minutes at there positions. I know JB wants to run and gun but you cant sub in and out every 3 minutes you have to let the guys on the court together get in a flow together regardless of who is out there.
It would be a shame to not see Davenport on the floor, but then again Kilpatrick did RS as a Freshman when he clearly could've contributed. Davenport isn't like his brothers. He's ready to play. He was misused in AAU, which caused his stock to fall a little, but Kremer knew how to use him and the kid was the best player on the best team in the state. Maybe the most upside of anyone to come through not named Jaxson Hayes. He's ready to play now. He's a bouncy wing with a stroke that is already old for his age. If there's no way to find him minutes then so be it, but I find it hard to believe Trevor Moore is better than this kid. No damn chance.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #14
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye View Post
It would be a shame to not see Davenport on the floor, but then again Kilpatrick did RS as a Freshman when he clearly could've contributed. Davenport isn't like his brothers. He's ready to play. He was misused in AAU, which caused his stock to fall a little, but Kremer knew how to use him and the kid was the best player on the best team in the state. Maybe the most upside of anyone to come through not named Jaxson Hayes. He's ready to play now. He's a bouncy wing with a stroke that is already old for his age. If there's no way to find him minutes then so be it, but I find it hard to believe Trevor Moore is better than this kid. No damn chance.
I would agree, I think Moore gets more minutes in the beginning of the season but if he doesn't make shots he will be pushed further and further down the bench. Moore will have plenty of chances this year to prove his worth, I think he will get plenty of open looks with teams focusing on Jarron, Jaevin and Keith. So the ball is in Moore's court... make shots or ride the bench. If I had to guess by the time conference play comes around Trevor Moore will not be a huge contributor and may end up being the odd man out. They have essentially 8 guards with 3 spots on the court, maybe 4 if they play small. Make shots or JB will find someone who can. I don't think this will be like a Cronin team where if you hustle you play regardless of how well you are playing.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
So hard to figure out the minutes and depth chart. Our strength is on the wing but you can't put 3 wings on the floor if you have a PG and 2 bigs. How long are you going to keep scoring strength on the bench?

I guess we have to run the bigs in one at a time unless we are getting killed on the boards or paint scoring. Then what do you do? Take out the PG?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #16
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
So hard to figure out the minutes and depth chart. Our strength is on the wing but you can't put 3 wings on the floor if you have a PG and 2 bigs. How long are you going to keep scoring strength on the bench?

I guess we have to run the bigs in one at a time unless we are getting killed on the boards or paint scoring. Then what do you do? Take out the PG?
Go traditional lineup to start games then bring jaevin and Harvey first off bench then we would switch to 4 guard line up. I can see Harvey starting at PG also. Go be fun season to watch that's for sure
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #17
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Go traditional lineup to start games then bring jaevin and Harvey first off bench then we would switch to 4 guard line up. I can see Harvey starting at PG also. Go be fun season to watch that's for sure
We have wings who can run point but Brannen clearly (Saunders, McNeal, MAW) wants speedy PG's to push pace. Cumberland and Harvey are not speedy and neither is a PG.

We can run half court sets with just about anyone...but getting up and down full court press and break is another story
Old 06-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #18
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We have wings who can run point but Brannen clearly (Saunders, McNeal, MAW) wants speedy PG's to push pace. Cumberland and Harvey are not speedy and neither is a PG.

We can run half court sets with just about anyone...but getting up and down full court press and break is another story
Yeah I agree with you on Brannen seems to prefer lighting fast PGs running team. Watching Harvey highlights against best of best competition he looks to have excellent ball control and handles something coach also seems to be one of his main priorities in a recruit. Harvey mentioned a lot about running team and being playmaker setting up teammates. He's a PG at next level if he wants play in NBA, I see brannen unlike mick setting up his players for Pro after college and not just role models that work at car dealerships. With pro system we have now I see more of our players going pro even couple lottery picks.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:41 PM   #19
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
C: Sorolla (15), Diarra (15), Scott (10)
PF: Scott (20), Moore (10), Prince (5), Davenport (5)
SF: Williams (28), Harvey (7), Moore (5)
SG: Jarron (15), Jaevin (20), Harvey (5)
PG: McNeal (15), Jarron (15), Jaevin (5), MAW (5)

Totals

Jarron - 30
Scott - 30
Williams - 28
Jaevin - 25
Sorolla - 15
Diarra - 15
Moore - 15
McNeal - 15
Harvey - 12
Prince - 5
Davenport - 5
MAW - 5
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:51 PM   #20
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
C: Sorolla (15), Diarra (15), Scott (10)
PF: Scott (20), Moore (10), Prince (5), Davenport (5)
SF: Williams (28), Harvey (7), Moore (5)
SG: Jarron (15), Jaevin (20), Harvey (5)
PG: McNeal (15), Jarron (15), Jaevin (5), MAW (5)

Totals

Jarron - 30
Scott - 30
Williams - 28
Jaevin - 25
Sorolla - 15
Diarra - 15
Moore - 15
McNeal - 15
Harvey - 12
Prince - 5
Davenport - 5
MAW - 5
This is pretty solid. I would probably take a few from Sorolla and Moore and give them to Gillam