Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Best Streaming Service for Bearcats

So I just got rid of DirecTV. Need people's opinions on which streaming service to choose to get all the Bearcat Basketball games. Opinions would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance!
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
So I just got rid of DirecTV. Need people's opinions on which streaming service to choose to get all the Bearcat Basketball games. Opinions would be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance!
YouTubeTv is the cheapest and has all the sports channels. $50/month
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post

Thanks in advance!
I have Playstation Vue, $50 a month and get the channels UC plays on.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
I'll be purchasing ESPN+ at $5/month for basketball season.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #5
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'll be purchasing ESPN+ at $5/month for basketball season.
ESPN+ doesn't give you access to ESPN/ESPN2 right? I could be wrong, but I believe it only lets you watch games specifically designated for ESPN+
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #6
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
ESPN+ doesn't give you access to ESPN/ESPN2 right? I could be wrong, but I believe it only lets you watch games specifically designated for ESPN+
Correct, ESPN+ will only have a few mid major leagues. I have it for FC Cincinnati.

I only sign up for TV streaming during basketball season, so I have to decide which one to go with this year.

Hulu Live has all channels (and Hulu streaming) for $45. I think the interface sucks, but the account links to ESPN and Fox Sports apps.

YouTube TV has all channels for $50. Not available on Fire stick or PlayStation.

PS Vue has all channels for $55. I have found it to be the easiest to use and most reliable, but they keep raising their prices. Works perfectly on PlayStation and Fire stick.

Sling is $50 with no CBS Sports or BTN. I've never tried it.

AT&T Now has all channels for $70. No way.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #7
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Once Disney+ comes out, you will be able to bundle Disney+,espn+,and Hulu for 12.99 a month. That is going to be the best deal you can get
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #8
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Will Disney+ have CBS Sports, FS1, FS2, BTN, etc? Seems unlikely.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:46 AM   #9
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I have subscribed during hoops season the past four or five years.

First tried Sling. Nice to have back then. Bad interface. Could not record games. Didn't have many of the sports channels.

Then tried PSVue. Little better. They claimed you could record, but not sports. And it didn't have all the stations for the whole season at that time. Might now.

Tried YouTubeTV the past couple years and have stuck with that. The interface was smoothest and easiest to understand and navigate, even when it was new. Since they've started, features have continued to evolve to make things very easy to manage and watch. The best part is you can record everything and it's held for months. I can say record all Cincinnati Bearcats football or basketball and it does that for the main season. You have to search for the post season events differently. You can all tell it to record all hoops from a conference now. Pretty cool. It also gives you access to WatchESPN and Fox mobile apps. I record and watch like an hour or so later so I can zip through commercials.

It's fun to hold on to the games and watch a month or so after the season has ended to fix your basketball jones.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #10
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Will Disney+ have CBS Sports, FS1, FS2, BTN, etc? Seems unlikely.
No. The deal they were referencing above is for Hulu and not Hulu live tv. Hulu live tv will have those channels you're interested in.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote