Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This kid would be a great get if Butch found a way... we need a couple of these high end local kids to start selecting UC. I'd say the program has a pretty good grasp on the area 3* talent now, much more so than was the case ten years ago... now they need to start locking down the 4* talent... OSU can have the 5* guys.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
MikeDyer Mike Dyer
Ohio State and Michigan State told Northmont coach Lance Schneider they would offer junior LB Kaleb Ringer after signing day, Schneider said
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Miami (OH) offers.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
swg
Epic Member

West Virginia offered.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
swg
Epic Member

Michigan offers.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #16
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Kaleb Ringer
6'0", 220 lbs.

Linebacker

Clayton, Ohio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ringer decided to make another trip up to Ann Arbor, and he has also decided on a date to make his final announcement.

I'll be making my announcement on April 15th at 6:00 [EST]. But yeah I was up there for a photo shoot with Tom Lemming and then I stayed for practice. When I got there Coach Hoke came up to me and hugged me. It was cool, but I didn't stay for the junior day. I just wanted to make sure I spoke with the staff before I left.

I then asked Kaleb if this visit let him see anything new or different from what he had already seen from the coaches and the University.

No, they have been real with me from day one. I was mostly checking out the linebackers to see how they play. They really stress physicality and I like that.

While he didn't necessarily see anything new while watching practice there was an aspect that he saw that stood out to him.

I saw a family on the football field, not just a team. You couldn't tell who the stars were on the team, everyone blended. I think they have accepted Coach Hoke's vision and bought into it, and so have I.

Ringer currently has offers from Michigan, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisville, and Toledo. Like he said he will be making his announcement on April 15th, tune in.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-wee...inger-and-more
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I have a feeling we have a shot here. No real insight as to why. I guess when you look at the new staff at Michigan, that puts them a little behind the eight ball. UC is a better situation than Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Toledo. Louisville could be the wild card. I don't know how Kaleb feels about coach Strong. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'll see if I can find anything talking about his leaders right now.

Edit: Don't mistake us having a shot as being a front runner by any means. With his uncle being a former Michigan State star, there is Big Ten in his blood. OSU and MSU could still make a late push. This would be a big get for Butch but I don't think Cincinnati can be considered a favorite here by any means.

Last edited by JasonS; 03-28-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #18
JasonS
Football Moderator

Linebacker Recruiting 3/27/2011

Michigan signed four linebackers in the 2011 class and will only lose three after this coming season. Linebacker won't necessarily be a position of need, but expect the staff to try to sign three or four linebackers in 2012, anyway. There's room for more bodies and the staff will probably be fairly selective in who they pursue. James Ross and Royce Jenkins-Stone will be at the top of their list, so let's look at some other possibilities.

Kaleb Ringer, a 6'1", 225 lb. middle linebacker from Northmont High School in Ohio is one of those possibilities. Ringer, who has an early ranking as the number ten overall prospect in the state of Ohio, has shown serious interest in Michigan. The linebacker, who is the nephew of former Michigan State running back Javon Ringer, told Scout.com that after speaking to Greg Mattison, he literally began to have dreams of putting on the winged helmet. This experience has seemingly put Michigan at the top of his list of favorite schools. Ringer plans on committing to a school on April 15, and don't be surprised if he chooses Michigan. Stealing a top ten Ohioan from OSU and a legacy recruit from MSU in one swoop would be a great moment, but it almost seems to good to be true to me. Ringer has yet to receive an offer from Michigan State or Ohio State, and even if he does choose Michigan initially, don't be surprised if he at least gives OSU and MSU a look when those offers do come. However, he seems about as high on Michigan as any recruit at this point, and expect the Wolverines to play into his ultimate decision, no matter who it be to.

Ringer's video is promising, in the sense that he looks to have a definite nose for the ball carrier. He has good size and he has the frame to put on the muscle that he'll need in college. He looks strong enough to take on blockers and has no qualms about hitting guys, which is a necessary quality for any linebacker. He could have trouble dropping back into coverage because he lacks the overall speed of a guy like James Ross, but Ringer will likely end up as a middle linebacker which means he won't be asked to play in coverage too often. From a physical standpoint, Ringer is nearly identical to where current Michigan linebacker Kenny Demens was at the same age. Demens turned into one of Michigan's better defensive players in 2010, and Ringer could have a similar impact wherever he goes.

http://theweatheredhouse.blogspot.co...g-3272011.html