Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #21
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
What is embarrassing is playing in the Not In Tournament. You know the one we used to rip on X for playing in??
I hear you but I dont think it is an embarrassment. Just another step in the process.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #22
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I hear you but I dont think it is an embarrassment. Just another step in the process.
Speaking of steps. That school across town is a stepping stone for college basketball. Coaches come and go faster than Ralphy gets off to Micks pic.

But seriously, recently they have had about 3 coaches go through and each year make the NCAA. Don't give me this, "they play in the A10," cuz you still have to win the games.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
I respected Huggs as a basketball coach, and I see both sides as to his departure. One thing I didn't care for, was how UC treated Kennedy. Should've kept him on, IMO.
Glad we didn't.

Definitely not going to defend how we handled this because our administration failed miserably, AK has done nothing to prove that he is the answer and even he embarrassed himself when he came back to Cincinnati.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 AM   #24
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
He embarrassed himself after he was let go. UC embarrassed themselves beforehand.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
He embarrassed himself after he was let go. UC embarrassed themselves beforehand.
I will have to disagree with the above statement. How did UC embarrass themselves?

It was Bob Huggins who threw the beers down his throat, not UC. And from the newspaper articles it was not the first time he had been stopped by the Fairfax police, they admitted to stopping him at least once before and taking him home rather than arresting him. Makes you wonder how many other police districts may also have stopped him and taken him home rather than arrest him. WVU is his enabler, did you see the picture of him last summer at a WVU function with 2 black eyes?
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
I will have to disagree with the above statement. How did UC embarrass themselves?

It was Bob Huggins who threw the beers down his throat, not UC. And from the newspaper articles it was not the first time he had been stopped by the Fairfax police, they admitted to stopping him at least once before and taking him home rather than arresting him. Makes you wonder how many other police districts may also have stopped him and taken him home rather than arrest him. WVU is his enabler, did you see the picture of him last summer at a WVU function with 2 black eyes?
Huggins deserves credit for being a great coach, and he deserves to be called out for his missteps. He is gone. Good luck on continued success at WVU. Let's go Bearcats!!
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #27
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
A couple of things I have never understood:

1.) Bearcat fans that want to tear down Bob Huggins. He was incredible for our program.

2.) Bearcat fans who can't move on from Huggins. He isn't coming back, EVER.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
College sports are cyclical. Things will come back around and are heading, although not as fast as I'd like, in the right direction. I'm not sure Mick is the right guy, but I like what I saw in this team in New York. If they had played that way all year, you could have cut those losses in half. It seems the guys on the roster have respect for Mick and they played their butts off for him. I watched how long it has taken Baylor. I see what's going on at Indiana. I see 11 losses by 8 or less points (6 by less than 4) with 2 freshmen pg's, a freshman sf/sg, and one 4 year player on the roster, and I have to be encouraged.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #29
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I've moved on from Huggins, as I understand why some around UC wanted him gone, but the way they treated Kennedy was something I wasn't thrilled about. If they in fact did cut his microphone, that is pretty immature in my opinion.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #30
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
The DUI and graduation rates (although somewhat unfair) were black eyes for Huggins, but what I never hear anyone argue is why the cupboard was so bare after he left. That senior-laden team that Kennedy coached to the NIT was his last recruits besides Downey and Bright that managed to see the floor. We all know what happened to Bright. Huggins stopped being able to get the better recruits and started reaching even farther than he had previously for guys. There were a number of guys that didn't pan out for one reason or another that caused us to have no underclassman other than Downey carrying over. Huggins was and is a great coach, but he made mistakes here and he needed to be let go. We need to let it go and get on board with Mick. If we don't like Mick it shouldn't be because of Huggins. Mick has done well for what he inherited. The question is can he get us over the hump and to the next level. It is a very fair argument that I am on the fence over and think will be answered for sure next year.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote