Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
How do you represent the C?

What kind of UC gear ya got?

Anyone here have a UC man room?

What's the best place (aside from bookstore) to get good deals.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quick inventory:

I've got two UC hats, two hoodies (one white, one black). Two hats (both black). Red sweatshirt, one black t-shirt.

...and no man room (yet).

I got one of the hats at Meijer's for five dollars. Kid you not. I normally never buy hats at places like that (for that cheap), but it was a great hat for the price.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
2 pairs of UC shorts, 4 short-sleeved t-shirts, 2 long-sleeved t-shirts, 1 short-sleeved polo shirt, 1 long-sleeved button down shirt, 1 hat, 2 hoodies, 2 jackets, 1 pair of slippers (don't hate), and 1 knit cap.

And 1 of these foam-filled stretchy pillow things...it's my wife's. Don't make fun.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
BrahmaBulls

BrahmaBulls is on a distinguished road
12 short sleeved t-shirts, 7 long sleeved t-shirts, 2 polo shirts, 1 long sleeve dress shirt, 8 sweatshirts, 1 vest, 3 pull overs, too many hats too count, 2 blankets (1 made by mother-in-law for Christmas - best gift of 2009), couple of bobble heads, pom poms from last couple of bowl trips, Huggs and Bugs signed poster, signed basketball, leather desk chair, mugs/cups, X-mas decorations, and most importantly an engineering diploma hanging on my office wall.

UC man cave hopefully coming in 2009 including bar, 42" plasma on wall, additional posters, and leather Bearcat sofa.
BrahmaBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Right. Forgot the diploma.

And Brahma, you might want to watch who you tell about your propensity for pom poms.

Welcome to bearcattalk.com.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
BrahmaBulls

BrahmaBulls is on a distinguished road
Though they are in the house - their use is by my daughters. Have to make sure that they represent the C at a young age.
BrahmaBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
catsfan32

catsfan32 will become famous soon enough
Too much UC gear to name, just know that I could wear a different shirt/polo to every basketball game and football game all season long!

P.S. I think our adidas gear is the $HIT!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan32 View Post
Too much UC gear to name, just know that I could wear a different shirt/polo to every basketball game and football game all season long!

P.S. I think our adidas gear is the $HIT!!!
Bastard.

I need to ask to give more hints to my family. Need more gear! (and a flag for outside wouldn't be bad either, and I've asked for that for couple years now.

(Can you tell I don't shop for myself much)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I rock the T's and hoodies regularly. Got a short-sleeve Jordan warm-up that is sweet, but hard to coordinate (I miss Jordan sponsoring us). Also have a nice red C-paw jacket that I love and wear most of the time. The highlight of my wardrobe are my white C-paw adidas. Not the best looking shoe and they are slightly small (biggest size they had) but I don't see anyone out there rocking Bearcat shoes.

For the house, I put up what the wife will allow. I have a small room that she reluctantly let me put up my knick-knacks. Some model cars and sports stuff. Most of the sports stuff is Reds/Dave Parker related (he's my all-time fav) but I do have some Bearcats stuff up. A few bobbleheads, my Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl tickets, mini-helmet (old logo, need to get a new one), some shot glasses and a mug, engraved mini basketball. FWIW I put my Bearcats stuff across the top shelves to maximize their appearance. Need to get our diplomas up there, not a lot of wall space left.

Now for the shootout and other big games I get to put my 3 flags up and a nice pennant and all my other stuff into the living room to create a temporary man-cave atmosphere. I try to leave it up for a few days after but the wife always slowly takes the stuff down and nags me about it. When we get a house with a finished basement it will be a man cave.

The car has the UC plates on them. That can be a double-edged sword after those embarrassing shootout losses, but I drive it with pride even to road games. I recently bought a 63 impala in red and black and named her Lucy (after the Bearcat mascot) but the wife won't let me put UC plates on her since I only drive it about once a week if that in the warm months.

The best way I represent the C is just being all about UC. Anyone who knows me knows my team and my pride for it. I'm in and out of places for work and have been catching flack about basketball from some, but I always defend us and show my colors. I welcome it because when they ride me about it I know a) they know I'm a Bearcat and b) they like me enough to give me crap in the first place.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

I was gonna say David's got me beat, but I remembered that I run this site. RTC!