Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'11 GA QB Ronnie Bell

Quarterback (Dual Threat)
Tyrone, GA (Sandy Creek)

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 175 lbs

Offers: Ohio
Interested in: Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Louisville
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Sandy Creek HS quarterback Ronnie Bell attended the Scout.com Showcase a couple weeks ago in Duluth. He said he was happy with his performance. "I did pretty good in everything," he said. "I jumped 38 inches in the vertical, I got a 9'10" in the broad jump, and I ran a 4.7 forty-time." Bell said he is also now listed at 6'0" and 175 pounds.

Bell has no offers yet but says he is hearing from Louisville, Cincinnati, and Georgia Tech. He actually was in Atlanta on Saturday the 13th and was able to see a little of what Georgia Tech has to offer.

"I looked around; saw the weight room, the facilities, and the locker room and dorms. I talked with the coaches a little. I actually met with the quarterback coach (Brian Bohannon) in his office. He said they have a lot of interest but they're only going to take one or two quarterbacks in the next class."

Bell's recruiting coach at GT is Coach Buzz Preston. He has already visited Tech for their game against Clemson last September. He seemed to have some interest in Georgia Tech. "I have a lot of interest but the offense they run, the triple option style, it isn't really my style," he said. "If Tech does offer, I will see what other offers are on the table. I like a pro style offense, though."

So far, all the schools that have interest in Bell like him at quarterback. The future quarterback will be seeing other schools in the future and says he just wants to find some schools that like him and his abilities.

"Facilities are important and how much interest that school has in me. I want to see how far they'd put me up in their depth chart."

Bell has been invited to Louisville's Junior Day and will likely attend. He also will attend an Elite 11 quarterback camp on February 28th in Orlando and will go to a Nike camp in Alabama in March

http://georgiatech.scout.com/2/946249.html

(From February 13)
Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

With Coyne committed, I don't know how interested the coaching staff still is.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Teammate is CB Bruce Dukes, who UC (and BCT) are also following.

Bruce does have an offer.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote