Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Bearcattalk tournament challenge

Anyone can enter and it’s public: I’d say use your user name so we know who won but I already chose Cumberland farms as my team name and I’m trying to only do 1 bracket this year.

https://www.facebook.com/100000978231831/posts/2653048731404375?sfns=mo

And I have no clue how to
Make that clickable

But you can also just go onto espn tournament challenge and type in “bearcattalk” into the join a group
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I don't watch a lot of games outside of UC. Just don't have the time with a new baby. I do not have Facebook so I will not likely be participating in this bracket but thanks for putting it up. Unless I can participate without facebook.

I will likely fill out a bracket somewhere but trying to find the right region to pick the upsets this year.

I think I am going chalk in the East with Duke and MSU. Tough to say who can beat KY and NC in the Midwest so probably go chalk there but not sure who makes it out to the final 4 between them. The South and West are harder to pick for me. Right now that is where it looks like I will pick my upsets.

Who do you guys see as some underdogs that can make a run this year? I know you don't want to give up all your picks but I am asking for a friend
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't watch a lot of games outside of UC. Just don't have the time with a new baby. I do not have Facebook so I will not likely be participating in this bracket but thanks for putting it up. Unless I can participate without facebook.

I will likely fill out a bracket somewhere but trying to find the right region to pick the upsets this year.

I think I am going chalk in the East with Duke and MSU. Tough to say who can beat KY and NC in the Midwest so probably go chalk there but not sure who makes it out to the final 4 between them. The South and West are harder to pick for me. Right now that is where it looks like I will pick my upsets.

Who do you guys see as some underdogs that can make a run this year? I know you don't want to give up all your picks but I am asking for a friend
You can participate without Facebook, just go to tournament challenge on the espn website and go to groups and type in bearcattalk
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Who do you guys see as some underdogs that can make a run this year?
Vermont is a solid team playing close to home. They're sort of a small time Cincinnati with a do-it-all 6-6 junior scorer in Anthony Lamb, and a senior guard who shoots 43% from three. They lost at Louisville by only 8 and have beaten quite a few solid mid-majors like Yale, Harvard, Northeastern and St Bonaventure.

Everyone knows about Ja Morant from Murray St, who are playing struggling Marquette in round 1.

Northeastern can really light it up from three, with four guys who shoot 39% or better on 135+ attempts. They beat Alabama by 16 on a neutral floor and won at Harvard.

Yale has five guys that can really score including NBA bound Miye Oni. They won at Miami and took Memphis to OT on the road.

New Mexico St is one of the best rebounding teams in the country. They won 30 games and lost by only 3 at Kansas (they had the lead with under 5:00 to play). They are playing close to home in Utah.

UC Irvine is also playing close to home against a Kansas St team without Dean Wade.

Last edited by sedziobs; 03-19-2019 at 11:46 AM.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #5
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
And don't forget about Georgia St. D'Marcus Simonds lit us up for 24 last year. They still have him surrounded by four 40%+ three point shooters. They won at Alabama and also beat solid mid-majors East Tennessee St and St Bonaventure.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
thanks for the tips!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote