Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-27-2019, 08:18 AM   #591
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t think we have been nationally relevant in 20 years. In the big East we were a middle of the pack team. Now, the American has been trash and a league not many care about. Nationally, I think we are looked at as a solid program but we are looked at as a joke when it comes to the tournament. Casual fans aren’t tuning in to watch Cincinnati basketball.
Casual fans don’t watch anyone but the blue bloods tho.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #592
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Up until lately I have done just that. But your posts suck all the air out of the room and no one else seems to want to post much. It's just a bad mojo here. I have nothing against differing opinions, it's how things are said, repeatedly.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #593
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I don’t think we have been nationally relevant in 20 years. In the big East we were a middle of the pack team. Now, the American has been trash and a league not many care about. Nationally, I think we are looked at as a solid program but we are looked at as a joke when it comes to the tournament. Casual fans aren’t tuning in to watch Cincinnati basketball.
I haven’t lived in Cincinnati for a long time and can say most people that care about college sports know Cincy basketball is still damn good.

On a side note...I am surprised by how many people liked UC basketball because of our Jordan brand jerseys in the 90’s. We were thought of like “The U” in the 90’s....except we didn’t really win anything.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #594
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The blue bloods and top 25/specific games. When we are ranked and the team we play ranked...it will get watched by casual fans. Even the Cross town will probably get watched.

Who wants to watch UC play Alabama A & M? On second thought who the hell wants to watch UCLA play Hofstra other than their own fans?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #595
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We were not middle of the road in the Big East. I would say we were consistently in the top tier competing for either a conference or tournament championship. We were elite in the Big East after Cronin’s second or third year.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #596
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
We were not middle of the road in the Big East. I would say we were consistently in the top tier competing for either a conference or tournament championship. We were elite in the Big East after Cronin’s second or third year.
UC in the Big East

2005-6 8th place
2006-7 Last Place
2007-8 10th place
2008-9 9th place
2009-10 11th place
2010-11 6th place
2011-12 4th place
2012-13 9th place

and made 1 conference tournament final during this stretch

Last edited by ME80; 12-02-2019 at 04:31 PM.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote