Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #21
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
if either are pushed out i think its more likely to be keith. he struggled the 2nd half of last year and seems a strange fit for a system that wants high ball skill guards that can shoot.

i think one reason KW struggles vs the better competition is he just doesn't have the handles.

I can't see Keith being pushed out at all. What i think Brannen is doing is something us as fans have yet to get a chance to enjoy. If McNeal is my starting PG, he's my leader and he's going to be at the podium. The PG usually runs the show, so hear we go!!!
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:21 PM   #22
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
They probably don't need to start 2 bigs tonight so it would be a good chance to put the best 5 out there and make them feel good.

Scott
Williams
Cumberland
Cumberland
McNeal

The game at OSU might be a different story
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #23
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
They probably don't need to start 2 bigs tonight so it would be a good chance to put the best 5 out there and make them feel good.

Scott
Williams
Cumberland
Cumberland
McNeal

The game at OSU might be a different story
He’s already said everyone’s playing at least 10 mins tonight
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:28 PM   #24
mdchick
Epic Member

No moore, Davenport and prince
Old 10-31-2019, 04:57 PM   #25
mdchick
Epic Member

Wow Chris Vogt is starting
Old 10-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #26
mdchick
Epic Member

Turnover central
Old 10-31-2019, 05:24 PM   #27
Gocats

Gocats is on a distinguished road
Like the pick & roll versus side to side under Cronin
Gocats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #28
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Only got to watch the 2nd half but liked what I saw from McNeal and the Cumberlands. Wasn't too impressed with the bigs overall but I'm also trying not to be too judgmental considering the game was played at a pretty leisurely pace.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #29
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Jaevin and McNeal really impressed me with their all around play. They can seriously shoot the ball. We have 3 very good shooters. I also think MAW has the ability to get some good minutes this year.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:03 PM   #30
mdchick
Epic Member

Chris McNeal: solid, probably best defender and better shooter than I thought he’d be

Mika Adams woods: he’s definitely our only back-up pf this year and the way McNeal plays he’s probably going to get into foul trouble which mean woods should get into games and play big minutes in a few games this year and he seems pretty good to me, he really didn’t try to shoot a 3, but he’s a down hill player and had good rotation on defense, he seems like he’s got a high b-ball IQ.

Jarron Cumberland: is good

Jaevin Cumberland: wow, easily the most impressive performance, idc if it was against D3 it would have been impressive to do that against no defense, he’s our second best player kw will probably start over him but jaevin is the best shooter since probably field williams.

Zach Harvey: really looked shy out there, his body type and athleticism reminds me of jacob Evans, but he didn’t even think about shooting, he’s got a log jam in front of him in the depth chart, but the future for him could be bright.

Kieth Williams: at times it looks like he’s not really trying out there, it could be just because he’s so athletic that he makes everything look easy, but at times his body language at times is noticeable that he’s upset about something, wether it’s not scoring pts or getting more playing time it’s a concern that I have been worried about since he’s gotten here, but there’s no question he’s an elite player, I just hope he’s not going to be Ann attitude problem in the locker room if jaevin starts playing more than he does.

Tre Scott: he’s good

Jeremiah Davenport: he’s a bearcat, really probably didn’t do a lot in the stat sheet but, he was prob the most energetic/enthusiastic player on the floor today, he’s my pick for back up PF this year his 3 point shot looks good he’s bigger than I thought he would be and seems to have a good IQ I’m happy with what I’ve seen from him so far and he looks like a good kid which doesn’t mean much to most but I like that.

Chris Vogt: our center position is a work in progress, Vogt seems to be our best option, he seems like he’s going to foul a lot, I can see a lot of over the back calls on him, also when he blocks shots he does it furiously and even if it’s all ball it’s going to look like a foul, so he needs to fix that, but he showed some nice touch and he has exponentially more b-ball IQ than diarra, he’s definitely better than I thought, it will be interesting to see him go against D1 competition.

Sorollla: he seems to be our second best option at center and not by much, he has a very similar game to Vogt, Vogt I think has a better idea of cutting to the basket, but there won’t be a big drop off at all at center when sorolla replaces Vogt

Diarra: he played some PF today that I didn’t see coming, his literal quickness is so much better than years past, but he’s still just a turnover machine out there, idk if I’d trust playing him more than 10 mpg