Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #201
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
What in the hell is up with Jake's shot? He has never missed by so much before. I saw him getting his finger worked on but he's been in a slump.

He's been a warrior but I'm not sure we needed to keep going to him. Even his FTs were way off.

I didn't check the whole thread so maybe it's been addressed.
Not sure if this is old news, but a few games ago, Mick said that I think Jacob wasn't bending down enough or something. But he was talking about his form. Not sure if his ankle or anything bothering him. Does anyone know? Any other reports out there? We are going to need him.

Great, great, great season so far. U just can't argue with a 2!! Nearly any coach would take that before the season started.
Beating eggs would have been great, but we can make up for it with three wins coming up. Or 4 or more would be icing on the cake.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #202
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Not sure if this is old news, but a few games ago, Mick said that I think Jacob wasn't bending down enough or something. But he was talking about his form. Not sure if his ankle or anything bothering him. Does anyone know? Any other reports out there? We are going to need him.

Great, great, great season so far. U just can't argue with a 2!! Nearly any coach would take that before the season started.
Beating eggs would have been great, but we can make up for it with three wins coming up. Or 4 or more would be icing on the cake.
Hope it does not hurt his slot in the NBA draft.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #203
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post

I know coach was talking about his form a while back...but there was something different going on. He took 17 shots and about half weren't even close. Even his FTs.

This is one game I think he should have let someone else shoot.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #204
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I love cane but he was the opposite of aggressive. He took nothing but jump shots and didn’t get the defense moving.
That was all on Cronin, because for some reason he put Cane in a weird space when it comes to playing Houston. Instead what Cronin should have did was play Cane and Justin more together to push the temple. Because not once did Houston press us. Whenever Cane and Justin is in together Cane is flying up the sidelines because he know Justin will kick up court to put extreme pressure on the defense. But Cronin plays so many mind games with Cane especially during the games against Houston. But in the games against WSU, Xavier, UCLA and Florida he lets him play. It have all of our minds wondering how do you think Cane’s mind is.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #205
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
That was all on Cronin, because for some reason he put Cane in a weird space when it comes to playing Houston. Instead what Cronin should have did was play Cane and Justin more together to push the temple. Because not once did Houston press us. Whenever Cane and Justin is in together Cane is flying up the sidelines because he know Justin will kick up court to put extreme pressure on the defense. But Cronin plays so many mind games with Cane especially during the games against Houston. But in the games against WSU, Xavier, UCLA and Florida he lets him play. It have all of our minds wondering how do you think Cane’s mind is.
Cane has played very well this year. He has blended his game with what the team is trying to accomplish. I don't think people give him enough credit for that. At SH he was the focal of the offense. Here that isn't what we needed. He had to be much more of a facilitator. He basically completely changed his game. Then when he ran with the bench guys he had to switch back to being a scorer. I think next year he will be a much bigger part of the offense. Big fan of his and can't wait to see him next year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #206
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We have some ****ing warriors on this team!! Evans has been playing through some nagging injuries. Clark is a warrior. Cumberland can affect the game in many ways. Kyle has made some huge shots this year and Broome has given us a much needed spark.

One of my favorite moments from the game (and there were several in the second half) was when Gray threw it OB and they ran a slow mo of our bench reaction. Kyle's reaction was priceless!!!

Some of my other favorite moments were late game blocks and also Clark going full on Superman for some rebounds. He just flat out went up higher than anyone else could to get them.

As bad as Evans played on offense...Gary may have played his best overall game at the right time!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #207
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
I can assure you Mick's sole focus is to win games and find a game plan to do that based on different players and opponents strengths and weaknesses. To suggest Mick is playing mind games with Cane or anyone is absurd.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote