Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
L-T you described me to a tee. If I have to sit in top section I'd rather sit at home and watch.
That's how I feel too. I live 2 hours away. No way am I driving two hours to sit in the rafters at 5/3 when I can watch the game at home in HD. I did drive down for the Shootout and sat up high and really enjoyed myself. I made the drive to go with friends to the Marquette game and we sat in the chairback portion of the upper deck. That was ok but not really worth the price we paid for the ticket. Every other game I went to this year I got tickets in the lower bowl.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #42
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
That's how I feel too. I live 2 hours away. No way am I driving two hours to sit in the rafters at 5/3 when I can watch the game at home in HD. I did drive down for the Shootout and sat up high and really enjoyed myself. I made the drive to go with friends to the Marquette game and we sat in the chairback portion of the upper deck. That was ok but not really worth the price we paid for the ticket. Every other game I went to this year I got tickets in the lower bowl.
Jason from a simple viewing perspective I'd rather watch at 5th/3rd arena. Really don't like the Shoe. I really believe If they build something nice the fans will come.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #43
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I know people don't like hearing this but if you have ever been to the Scott. Their is no comparison. We don't even have the best college arena in Cincinnati. That to me is a crime. If the administration wants to be big time they need to invest the money. Castellini is proof that If you give the people a good product and venue to come to they will come. People are dying for the good old days at UC.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #44
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Attendance would be up at US Bank.

IT. IS. ALL. ABOUT. PARKING. FOOLS.

The banks are getting really nice and Clifton is a whole. I have been pushing for US Bank for a long time. Parking is the main issue. People that actually went to UC don't understand how big of an issue it is for people in the suburbs.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #45
bearcatjb74

bearcatjb74 is on a distinguished road
1OO MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS AT A TIME WE PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD TO DO BOTH FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL. BRING IT ON. I BET ITS ALREADY FURTHER ALONG THAN WE KNOW. ACC WE SEE YOU !!!
bearcatjb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #46
Juliepitzer

Juliepitzer is on a distinguished road
The situation on campus does need improvement but space it hard to come by. Parking there is horrible, with your only options being arrive 2 hours ahead of time and hope for a street parking space close to the arena or the garage and the half mile trek straight uphill. Neither is appealing. The bleacher style seats in the rafters is not very inviting either. If I had to park in that garage and settle for a bleacher seat, I would reconsider going down. But I am one of the lucky ones who has a parking pass yearly.
Juliepitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #47
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I like it. I don't think attendance will be affected negatively. The parking is better, the seating is better, and the old people worried about walking around in Clifton have less to fear. As for the students, they sold out every game including exhibitions so I don't think a 5 minute shuttle will make a difference.

Bottomline, if it makes sense financially and puts us in a better position for a new conference, then it is the right decision. As stated earlier, I trust Santa and Whit to make the best decision for the University and it feels damn good to have that confidence in them.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #48
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
We need to utilize this like St. John's does with 2 arenas. Play the marquee games at US Bank and the rest at the Shoe. That way, you still get the better venue, but you don't completely lose the on-campus feel. This could be a nice fix for a few years before we get the $$$ to renovate the Shoe.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #49
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
We need to utilize this like St. John's does with 2 arenas. Play the marquee games at US Bank and the rest at the Shoe. That way, you still get the better venue, but you don't completely lose the on-campus feel. This could be a nice fix for a few years before we get the $$$ to renovate the Shoe.
If US Bank Arena is really going to put $100 million or whatever it is in to renovations, I would think they are asking for the entire schedule. Whatever gets us in a better conference is fine with me... the games could be played outside for all I care, as long as we land in the ACC, Big 12, or SEC.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
US Bank will need to actually give itself a major major renovation before this is a possibility. Which in Cincinnati terms means it will take at least 10 years for it to actually get started. They will talk about it for the next 9 years first.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote