Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'13 MI QB Shane Morris (Michigan Verbal)

Pro Style Quarterback
Warren, MI (De La Salle HS)

Ht:6'3"
Wt:183 lbs
40:4.63 secs
Shuttle:4.6
Vertical:28 inches
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by Cincinnati, then Toledo.

Interest from Mich and MSU.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Morris guides DLS to three scores in fourth quarter of 20-0 win

Losing its top two quarterbacks would be a recipe for disaster for most football teams.

De La Salle, however, didn't skip a beat when starting quarterback Steve Laudicina limped off the field early in the fourth quarter of the Pilots' Division 2 playoff opener at Grosse Pointe South Friday.

Freshman Shane Morris took over and guided De La Salle to three touchdowns as the Pilots beat South 20-0.

"He played the whole freshman season and won the championship," said De La Salle coach Paul Verska. "We rotated him in and out last week with Sterling Johnson, who was our No. 2, but (Johnson) got hurt.

"He's a freshman, but he did a great job of running the offense. The kids have confidence in him. The seniors took all the freshmen in as part of the family. They were ready to play with him."

Most of the fans probably didn't even know who Morris was. He didn't have a jersey of his own, so when Johnson wasn't able to play, he borrowed his.

On Morris' first play, he handed the ball to De'Angelo Parris and Parris raced 57 yards for the game's first touchdown.

http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/...0006730599.txt
Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Warren, MI -- Standing at 6’3 and weighing 180 pounds, Warren De La Salle’s, sophomore quarterback, Shane Morris was standing and rolling out from the pocket and hitting all his players right in the numbers, absolutely terrorizing Detroit Henry Ford’s secondary. This is what I seen when I went to see De La Salle play Henry Ford during September. My only question that I finally found out a few weeks later, who is this kid? That kid turns out being a player who filled in as a starter for De La Salle last year during the playoffs, when their starting quarterback got hurt and was unable to play. Morris filled in for 4 games until eventually, Michigan quarterback, Devin Gardner’s Inkster team beat De La Salle in the semi finals. He was able to lead De La Salle to wins over Grosse Pointe South and North and Southfield. Shane was able to talk a little bit about his season and his future.

The most talented kids in the country such as Tim Tebow, Dennis Dixon or Vince Young never got to start at their positions as freshman, Shane Morris is an exception, Morris had this to say about playing on the team as a sophomore; “Playing Varsity as a sophomore is an exciting challenge and a great experience. I got most of the nerves out last year when I was moved up from freshman and ended up starting on Varsity for four playoff games due to injury”.

Although Morris is leading the Varsity team against kids two years older than him and still playing well, He still has three more years to finish school, by then a lot of people expect Morris to be one of the most heavily recruited players in the state and most likely will be the most decorated De La Salle quarterback ever. He is not concerned at all yet, saying “I have heard that, but the people close to me have told me to worry about the season and getting better every week and the rest will take care of itself”. Morris has taken a few unofficial visits, meaning he comes up to visit a school, usually for tours, meet staff and watch practices/games. Morris wants to focus on the team continuing to win and improve each week. The sky is definitely the limit for the young quarterback.

http://www.thedzonesports.com/2010/1...s-2013-qb.html
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Committed to Michigan
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote