ESPN now has a article up that mentions Louisville
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:25 PM   #1422
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati lite View Post
I live and work in Louisville and right now the buzz is that the FBI is investigating Louisville, because they received a tip involving their recruit Bowen receiving $100,000 to commit.
I hope that tip came from a UC fan...lol! It's hard enough competing with P5 schools for recruits from a conference affiliation standpoint let alone the unethical dealings of certain coaches or boosters (or both).

Pretending you have your players best interest at heart (as a coach) while providing sexual favors or pay to play deals should raise some eyebrows for parents and how they want their children to represented.

Are you looking for a respectable coach/program or ADDING to the exploitation of your child?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #1423
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I hope that tip came from a UC fan...lol! It's hard enough competing with P5 schools for recruits from a conference affiliation standpoint let alone the unethical dealings of certain coaches or boosters (or both).

Pretending you have your players best interest at heart (as a coach) while providing sexual favors or pay to play deals should raise some eyebrows for parents and how they want their children to represented.

Are you looking for a respectable coach/program or ADDING to the exploitation of your child?
https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...ino?yptr=yahoo

Doesn't look like the FBI is after Louisville according this article, but the NCAA can still discipline them.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:13 PM   #1424
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Pat Forde goes all in and it sounds like there is video and audio proof against Louisville. He is calling for the death penalty for UL Basketball.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-needs-...181930063.html
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #1425
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I don't think it's a P5 battle for us in recruiting. It's a battle against the teams that cheat. We can get the upper-echelon guys who are actually looking to be college students and basketball players. And that's good enough for me. Bc we get to see our players grow through their career. Fans of the cheating programs never get to watch a guy like Gary Clark blossom over 140 career games.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #1426
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't think it's a P5 battle for us in recruiting. It's a battle against the teams that cheat. We can get the upper-echelon guys who are actually looking to be college students and basketball players. And that's good enough for me. Bc we get to see our players grow through their career. Fans of the cheating programs never get to watch a guy like Gary Clark blossom over 140 career games.
The real shame is what college athletics and the idea of student athletes has become. Money money money money.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:37 AM   #1427
Nati lite

I thinking ole Ricky is about to be gone along with that title banner.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #1428
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
As a fan I like the idea of being able to root for the same players for an extended time but I still wouldn't mind seeing a blue chipper here or there to fill some obvious holes if and when the come up. Right now we don't really have any major holes but we could have a need for a scoring big next year. Could be a perfect year for a grad transfer to keep us playing at a high level on offense if our current bunch cannot step in and assume the roles. Maybe even a HS guy if he is a late bloomer, late signee or a decommit or something like that.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #1429
Nati lite

Jurich was removed from his position as AD this morning according to John Ramsey UofL's radio guy. A press conference will be held today at 1pm. During the press conference they are supposed to be firing Pitino.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM   #1430
Nati lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati lite View Post
Jurich was removed from his position as AD this morning according to John Ramsey UofL's radio guy. A press conference will be held today at 1pm. During the press conference they are supposed to be firing Pitino.
And boom goes the dynamite. http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...c1mst1qfkh1ftc