Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #91
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I'm not worried about today's game. Even with our alleged improve pace of play, we won't play another team that plays that style of play. Savannah State is essentially a rec team when it comes to the style of play. By my quick count, only 18 tourney teams had an adjusted tempo in the top 100 via KenPom. The majority of good teams just don't play that fast. We won, the young guys got playing time, no one got hurt.

Western Carolina will be a better game. If we give up 70+ to them then we can talk about the defense maybe not being as good as it usually is. But, probably not.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:08 PM   #92
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Based on possessions our defense was pretty damn good. Sure they scored 77 but they did it on just .83 points per possession which is very very good
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #93
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Based on possessions our defense was pretty damn good. Sure they scored 77 but they did it on just .83 points per possession which is very very good
Exactly. IF we play this quicker style it's natural to give up points. You give a team more chances at scoring they will score more. If they start scoring .95-1.0+PPP then there's a problem.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #94
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is the biggest question I have regarding this year. We all know this, I hope Mick knows it, but if we lose a couple games and he sees us giving up 70+ a game, is he going to panic and go back to the grind it out style? Or is he smart enough to realize that sub .9 pts per possession is pretty good defense
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #95
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
15 points on 50% shooting, in 21 minutes, with five assists and only one turnover. I’ll take that from any point guard anytime anywhere.
I just wish he could hit damn free throws-That goes for a few others on the team today. They were terrible at the free-throw line
Cane looked like he had no idea of the speed of players and their ability to close on lazy passes or how to get himself out of a trap. And this was Savannah St.

Jenifer was very well aware of Why you need to zip passes and not dribble into trouble and pick up the dribble. Jenifer had some great highlights today.

Cane will get it worked out...but it could take a little while. The competition won't get easier and the speed of the D will increase as we go.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #96
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
15 points on 50% shooting, in 21 minutes, with five assists and only one turnover. I’ll take that from any point guard anytime anywhere.
I just wish he could hit damn free throws-That goes for a few others on the team today. They were terrible at the free-throw line
I dont care what he can do vs bad teams, he did that last year a couple games too. But last year we couldn't even put him in the game vs the good teams. It's a massive leap to think he can play 20+ minutes vs them now.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #97
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Definitely see Diarra redshirting
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:56 PM   #98
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Is he eligible after playing today?
RedlegZdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #99
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegZdid View Post
Is he eligible after playing today?
don't think so
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:08 PM   #100
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post