Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will our AAC record be?
16-2 or better 1 3.85%
15-3 1 3.85%
14-4 2 7.69%
13-5 6 23.08%
12-6 2 7.69%
11-7 9 34.62%
10-8 1 3.85%
9-9 3 11.54%
8-10 1 3.85%
7-11 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #41
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
No excuse for mick or Brannen what so ever to lose to sub 100 teams especially at home.

That said, there has been a lot of talk about Brannen not having his own guys to run his system and that’s why we are failing. I think an even more extreme version of that take could be said for Mick at UCLA,

Not a single guy on their team is a kid he recruited. And even next season, he only brings in 1 of his own guys assuming no transfers. But I think UCLA will be top 25 good next season.

And I hope John Brannen has a top25 team too
Also, I don’t know if having his own guys is why brannen is failing but I think it would help. Kinda hard to argue that. I’m sure he knows Vogt has limitations. I’m sure that isn’t his ideal center. Im sure he knows cris McNeal has been to 5 different schools and there was a reason jay was a backup at Valpo. Hard to judge a coach until they can do what they want to do.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:22 PM   #42
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No breaks for mick... but also I don’t care one bit since I don’t care what UCLA does.

That said I don’t believe mick and CJB inherited any where near the same kinda situation. Both have underwhelmed. But both had very different returning rosters and very different expectations.
Very true. One had way more talent than the other. But the more talented team just lost to CSFU.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #43
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Very true. One had way more talent than the other. But the more talented team just lost to CSFU.
Listen, If UCLA losing makes you feel better about our resume then that’s cool
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #44
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
A new, “mature” Justin. Not sure how I feel about this.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:48 PM   #45
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It makes me happy more so because I don't like most California teams.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:43 PM   #46
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
It makes me happy more so because I don't like most California teams.
Why?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #47
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Why?
Misery loves company
Old 12-29-2019, 08:03 AM   #48
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Who said anything about it making me feel better about our resume? I figured this team would be a potential NCAA team this year and I still feel that way. What's your point?

Here is the thing. You thought Mick was an elite coach, yet he is doing horrible at UCLA. Did he forget how to coach? It isn't the talent, they have more talent on his current team then he has ever had here...Or maybe does it just take bit of time in a new system? Same pains UC is going through right now. I was never looking for immediate results with this coaching change. Plus Brannen's recruiting is already trending upwards from where Mick had it.

Oh, and yes I still get a little glee when UCLA loses. Mick wore on me with his I'm better than everybody else attitude and Napoleon complex. So his teams getting the shit kicked out of them doesn't make me upset.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #49
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Who said anything about it making me feel better about our resume? I figured this team would be a potential NCAA team this year and I still feel that way. What's your point?

Here is the thing. You thought Mick was an elite coach, yet he is doing horrible at UCLA. Did he forget how to coach? It isn't the talent, they have more talent on his current team then he has ever had here...Or maybe does it just take bit of time in a new system? Same pains UC is going through right now. I was never looking for immediate results with this coaching change. Plus Brannen's recruiting is already trending upwards from where Mick had it.

Oh, and yes I still get a little glee when UCLA loses. Mick wore on me with his I'm better than everybody else attitude and Napoleon complex. So his teams getting the shit kicked out of them doesn't make me upset.
Mick isn’t here Anymore so I stopped caring what he does at UCLA or where ever else.

I’m not going to get in to a mick vs Brannen debate.

Believe me I’m hoping Brannen is the huge upgrade you say he is over Mick Cronin.

If you’re right then it means UC’s return to being a relevant top 25 program again. And if not I hope we have the brains to move on quickly.

Either way, I’m glad UCLA losing makes you happy. Only 1 team that makes me happy when they lose and that’s Xavier. But mick Cronin is your Xavier, more power to you.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #50
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

nah, if UCLA played Xavier I'd still want UCLA to win by 100. I'm glad you found some happiness though.