Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #2341
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,390
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
this is the craziest year of college basketball ever, duke loses to SFA at home

where have you heard this before. tons of turnovers and 24-40 from the ft line.


duke was up 15 early in that game too.

cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:10 AM   #2342
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,840
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Honestly you’d think if big guys were paying attention, they’d see what Brannen has been able to do with the fundamentals of a guy like Chris Vogt and his usage, it should end up helping the cause with big men.

For me it’s Eason and then a grad transfer. Because we’re going to need some experience.
justinhub2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #2343
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,840
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
The layup at the end of that game was about as close it as it comes.
justinhub2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #2344
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 774
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Watched bits of Iowa State vs Michigan while running out the clock at work and saw a lot of Rasir Bolton.

For those that don't remember, he was a PG transfer from Penn State that we presumably were fairly close to landing before he chose the Cyclones.

Anyways, he had a decent game where he was fairly involved. He had 10, 4, and 2 to go with 4 steals and just 1 turnover. After the game I checked his stats and saw that through 5 games he was shooting an abysmal 2-20 from 3... yikes!

He makes McNeal's 16% not seem so horrific.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #2345
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,840
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Watched bits of Iowa State vs Michigan while running out the clock at work and saw a lot of Rasir Bolton.

For those that don't remember, he was a PG transfer from Penn State that we presumably were fairly close to landing before he chose the Cyclones.

Anyways, he had a decent game where he was fairly involved. He had 10, 4, and 2 to go with 4 steals and just 1 turnover. After the game I checked his stats and saw that through 5 games he was shooting an abysmal 2-20 from 3... yikes!

He makes McNeal's 16% not seem so horrific.
I don't mind McNeal shooting the occasional 3 pointer.

Its just the dude is shooting 50% from 2 and 16% from 3... And yet, he has taken more 3's than 2's.... A good team has players who know what they are good at. McNeal just needs to get to the rim and shoot 1-2 jumpers a game.
justinhub2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #2346
skyblade
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 429
skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I don't mind McNeal shooting the occasional 3 pointer.

Its just the dude is shooting 50% from 2 and 16% from 3... And yet, he has taken more 3's than 2's.... A good team has players who know what they are good at. McNeal just needs to get to the rim and shoot 1-2 jumpers a game.
I wasn't a fan of McNeal when we brought him here because of that. He is historically a high-volume, low-percentage 3-point shooter. Of course 16% is worse than he's ever shot in the past, he should average out to 30%, but still bad. He needs to learn to only shoot wide open threes and drive to the bucket as much as possible. But considering he is a 5th year guy, I doubt he's going to learn.
skyblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #2347
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,277
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If anyone is watching the Dayton game, they run a very similar offense. I think that is the goal considering brannen is good friends with the Dayton coach.

Also let’s get them back on the schedule. Local games are good for the sport. They are also a solid program. Get them, Miami Ohio, nku, xavier and another local team and that’s some decent games where you don’t even have to get on a plane.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:55 AM   #2348
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,310
mdchick is on a distinguished road
Ohio state beat UNC @ unc 74-49
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #2349
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,390
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Ohio state beat UNC @ unc 74-49

we're the only game osu didn't win by double digits.


we're the only team to hold them under 1 ppp and the only team to score over .85 ppp.



with a healthy jarron we win that game.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #2350
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 3,087
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we're the only game osu didn't win by double digits.


we're the only team to hold them under 1 ppp and the only team to score over .85 ppp.



with a healthy jarron we win that game.
Was also game 1 and they looked bad imo.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.