Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
2021-22 Open Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I saw it on 247 but I’ll admit the ranking seemed high. From watching his videos, which isn’t much, I did not see a 4-star but I said the same thing about jarron and he turned out to be really good. I don’t mind taking a chance on the guy, especially in our position.
Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick
I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didn’t need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far
Old 04-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didn’t need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far
I know how highlight tapes work but I don’t go to aau events like most of us, so it’s the only way most of us can see these players.

Also, Just because you are better in high school doesn’t mean you will be better forever. There are a million players that peak in elementary and high school.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you’re saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #6
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So you’re saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he would’ve went nba early
Old 04-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #7
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he would’ve went nba early
I love how you don't even name the guy who actually still PLAYS in the NBA. Gary Clark.

Your posts literally get dumber every week.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #8
TheRealMick
Elite Member

When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasn’t on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonald’s all American
Old 04-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #9
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasn’t on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonald’s all American
Jarron wasn't an NBA talent when he got here and I for one never thought he had a shot at the NBA. So what's your point about him going to Duke? He was never going to Duke and even if he did it wouldn't have made him magically more athletic to be able to make the league.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:47 AM   #10
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Jarron was a great scorer but he never had the athleticism for the NBA. And like SK he only knew how to be the primary guy. That doesn’t transition well into the NBA.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote