Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 MI RB Dennis Norfleet (UC Verbal 8/5/11)

Running Back
Detroit, MI (MLK)

Ht:5'9"
Wt:170 lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Cincinnati joins Mich St as his only offer.

Michigan, Texas, Toledo showing interest.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Norfleet is the kind of kid who is going to grab the microphone at the pep rally and make you believe your team will win. He is going to demand the ball at the championship game and you are going to give it to him because of the confidence he exudes.

"I am just a good runner with great vision" Norfleet told me. "I want to win, I want to get those extra yards, and I want to make all-state."

When I asked Norfleet what kind of runner he was, I was surprised to hear what kind of plays he likes to run given his size.

"I like to run the ball up the middle...so I love it when we run 'trap'"

On defense I would compare Norfleet to Melvindale stand out Wayne Pettus (5-foot-7 2010 DB) given their equivalent size and savvy for making interceptions. Northfleet had 8 interceptions last year from his defensive back position and he has continued where he left off this year.

"I have a really smooth back pedal, a nose for the ball, and I love to jam people," Norfleet reports.

(more from article)...

http://blog.mlive.com/fireupchips/20...a_name_fo.html
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

At Best of Midwest Camp...

Norfleet was simply dynamic. He worked out as a wide receiver to showcase his skills and he was unstoppable all day. He routinely made defensive backs look bad and showed exceptional hands. Norfleet, who already has an offer from Michigan State, did nothing to hurt his status as one of the top all-purpose running backs prospect in the nation.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011022...ws|text|Sports
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Rumor is he's going to announce for the 'Cats on Friday.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Yes he is but only because he doesn't have the grades for Mch ST or Tenn. He's a soft commit. If his grades go up he's outta here.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Yep. His commitment means nothing. I have heard that Alabama may be close to offering and if they do he is gone.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Well I for one hope Butch and the staff find a way to keep him... the kid's a burner and would be just another great addition to an already very good backfield... here's to hoping they can pull off a stunner...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Michigan commit
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote