Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-15-2023, 10:52 PM   #21
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Landers Nolley strikes again. Insult the home crowd and team on their court and then when it comes time to put up or shut up, fall flat on your face. I see why Penney probably held the door for him on the way out. He is not a leader in any way shape or form and only showboats for himself.
Nolley out there trying cover spreads for other team. Its like he doesn't have faith to bet on us covering or he's being paid. If I was UC I seriously would investigate Nolley for sports gambling.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 01:00 AM   #22
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Nolley out there trying cover spreads for other team. Its like he doesn't have faith to bet on us covering or he's being paid. If I was UC I seriously would investigate Nolley for sports gambling.
Stop posting these kind of accusations here.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 05:22 AM   #23
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Feel like the story of this season has been "2 steps forward, then 3 steps back."

That may have been the worst coaching performance of Wes's short time in Clifton.

As for next year's team, if we don't get massive talent upgrades at the 2, 3, and 4 positions (I remain firm that Nolley won't return) then we may be in for the longest season of Bearcat basketball in ages.

Vik return or not, this season's prospects took a massive blow with this loss (after already getting walloped at Tulane one week ago).
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:16 AM   #24
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Feel like the story of this season has been "2 steps forward, then 3 steps back."

That may have been the worst coaching performance of Wes's short time in Clifton.

As for next year's team, if we don't get massive talent upgrades at the 2, 3, and 4 positions (I remain firm that Nolley won't return) then we may be in for the longest season of Bearcat basketball in ages.

Vik return or not, this season's prospects took a massive blow with this loss (after already getting walloped at Tulane one week ago).
We need a complete overhaul. Outside of Vik, Nolley and Skilling's (specifically on potential).

Wes better land Flory and he better land a home run transfer.

This has been a disaster.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:21 AM   #25
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Embarrassing loss for sure, but the season's prospects haven't changed much. The Tulane loss ended even our slimmest NCAA hopes. And my guess is that only one team from the AAC will get an NIT bid, which will probably be Tulane. We're still in line for a first round bye in the conference tourney, with the loss last night meaning we swapped 4/5 spots with Temple.

I don't know how as a coach you watch your 6'0" PG get backed down in iso on a dozen consecutive possessions and do absolutely nothing to stop it. Double, sub out DDJ, play zone, anything. ECU is one of the worst three point shooting teams in the country, it would have been a perfect opportunity to play some zone.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:58 AM   #26
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
My guess is that only one team from the AAC will get an NIT bid, which will probably be Tulane.
So this was just based off memory, but the AAC has sent multiple teams to the NIT before. There have been up to 5 teams from the same conference. So we could definitely still get an NIT bid if we play well to close the season.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:13 AM   #27
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
In the home matchup we made 14 of 26 threes, an insane 54%. Probably can't count on that again. We only got to the rim 14 times and settled for 25 midrange jumpers. It would be nice to have better shot selection against a poor defense. ECU has given up more than a point per possession in their last 7 games. While their offensive rebounding has been good this year (#31 nationally), we held ECU to their lowest OReb rate of the season. Hopefully we can dominate the boards again.
The offense was fine last night, and we actually did have much better shot selection. We got to the rim 25 times and only had 13 midrange shots. We scored 1.06 points per possession, which should be enough to beat ECU on any court.

But wow, what a turnaround on the boards. ECU went from having their worst offensive rebounding performance of the season at Fifth Third to their best of the season last night. In the first matchup we outrebounded them by 17, last night ECU beat us by 19 on the glass. They got to the rim 32 times. Just a terrible showing that can't be attributed to bad luck. It's not like ECU was draining tough shots all night. We were outworked and outcoached.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:11 AM   #28
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Embarrassing loss for sure, but the season's prospects haven't changed much. The Tulane loss ended even our slimmest NCAA hopes. And my guess is that only one team from the AAC will get an NIT bid, which will probably be Tulane. We're still in line for a first round bye in the conference tourney, with the loss last night meaning we swapped 4/5 spots with Temple.

I don't know how as a coach you watch your 6'0" PG get backed down in iso on a dozen consecutive possessions and do absolutely nothing to stop it. Double, sub out DDJ, play zone, anything. ECU is one of the worst three point shooting teams in the country, it would have been a perfect opportunity to play some zone.
If making the NIT is the benchmark for adequate progress, then I think our chances took a considerable hit with yesterday's loss.

The lowest ranked team in NET to make the NIT last season was Belmont, but even at #79 they had a solid resume going 6-7 in Q1/Q2 games with only one Q3 loss.

If we lose at Memphis and at UCF and bow out in the AAC tournament quarterfinals, I would expect us to be on the outside looking in for the NIT.

Obviously, with a healthy Vik, we can easily turn things around.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 11:12 AM   #29
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Stop posting these kind of accusations here.
Nobody going to see it anyway. I've posted it on Twitter and Facebook with over 28k views. Relax its only 7 of us in here. I can say what I want or I'll leave!!! I call it how I see it.
Old 02-16-2023, 11:14 AM   #30
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
The offense was fine last night, and we actually did have much better shot selection. We got to the rim 25 times and only had 13 midrange shots. We scored 1.06 points per possession, which should be enough to beat ECU on any court.

But wow, what a turnaround on the boards. ECU went from having their worst offensive rebounding performance of the season at Fifth Third to their best of the season last night. In the first matchup we outrebounded them by 17, last night ECU beat us by 19 on the glass. They got to the rim 32 times. Just a terrible showing that can't be attributed to bad luck. It's not like ECU was draining tough shots all night. We were outworked and outcoached.
Offense was horrible last night. Jd got hot but most them shots i considered bad shots he just made. DDJ was throwing dumb high passes and im surprised he didn't have 10 TO. Offense and defense was horrible. Give me your eye test opinion. Can we stop posting useless lame data?