Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #21
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I'm a little blase' about Blaise.

Mbargorba and Mbodj. The M&M brothers with silent b's.

Seriously, they did say he is athletic. Let's add one more guy who is athletic and still raw. It's fun recruiting those guys. Atleast until you need a non-raw athletic guy down low.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
I'm a little blase' about Blaise.

Mbargorba and Mbodj. The M&M brothers with silent b's.

Seriously, they did say he is athletic. Let's add one more guy who is athletic and still raw. It's fun recruiting those guys. Atleast until you need a non-raw athletic guy down low.
Most bigs are raw. It takes time for kids to grow into their bodies and be comfortable in them. Kenyon Martin was an offensive project. Give me an athletic big who can play defense and block shots as a Freshman and Sophomore any day. If he works hard enough, his offensive game will come around by his Junior year.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
catsfan4life

catsfan4life is an unknown quantity at this point
is he commited to SMU already becuase that is what rivals says
catsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan4life View Post
is he commited to SMU already becuase that is what rivals says
yes. the earlier post indicated matt doherty got fired today, smu's coach.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #25
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
We have a raw Center with high level athleticism. Kelvin Gaines.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I don't think Blaise fits what we are recruiting at the moment. I'd be surprised if we pursue the kid with the options that are currently on the table, and appear more likely than not.

Get Rubles. Get Obekpa.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Unless he would redshirt, I'm less and less interested in Rubles. Seems like a tall guy that likes to float to the perimeter, ala Ibrahima Thomas.

We need raw, athletic guys who can play defense and rebound, but not score, down low. Seriously though, we have Gaines, Ellis, and maybe Obekpa as frosh and sophomores. Rubles doesn't make that much sense to me.

I'm starting to think if they get Obekpa, they should sign that JUCO kid out of Florida who has 3 more years of D-1 eligibility. He'd be paired with Davis III and Guyn as sophomores. They could grow together and cover our guard positions as juniors and seniors. Kid likes to play D and hit like a high percentage from three point range.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
they need a big man who can consistently score, Rubles can be that guy
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Unless he would redshirt, I'm less and less interested in Rubles. Seems like a tall guy that likes to float to the perimeter, ala Ibrahima Thomas.

We need raw, athletic guys who can play defense and rebound, but not score, down low. Seriously though, we have Gaines, Ellis, and maybe Obekpa as frosh and sophomores. Rubles doesn't make that much sense to me.

I'm starting to think if they get Obekpa, they should sign that JUCO kid out of Florida who has 3 more years of D-1 eligibility. He'd be paired with Davis III and Guyn as sophomores. They could grow together and cover our guard positions as juniors and seniors. Kid likes to play D and hit like a high percentage from three point range.

Can't disagree with the statement above more. You have to have some sort of low post threat or teams will just extend the defense. You also need a guy that can catch and score off of penetration. If you don't have that you need guys that hit mid range jumpers playing the 4-5. Something Rubles can provide as well as penetration. Either way you need scoring in the paint.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal E View Post
they need a big man who can consistently score, Rubles can be that guy
just curious- how do you know this? there are virtually no videos from this season or the previous season online.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote