Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
sirthought
Member
 
sirthought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Down by river
Posts: 78
sirthought is on a distinguished road
Cumberland Enters 2019 NBA Draft

He has not committed to hiring an agent yet, but says he will test the waters.

My question is this. It used to be that you could enter the NBA draft three times, but they've changed that in the last year or so to be only two times.

Didn't Cumberland enter the draft last year as well?

If he did enter before, he might not be coming back. I can't blame him, but I do wish he returned.

The only sense that I get of him raising his value at this point is if Coach uses him primarily as a point guard, so teams see him in that position more. He can distribute really well. But I'm not sure he's quick enough to defend against NBA level point guards. Haven't seen him try it enough to know.

sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 2,931
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
He has not committed to hiring an agent yet, but says he will test the waters.

My question is this. It used to be that you could enter the NBA draft three times, but they've changed that in the last year or so to be only two times.

Didn't Cumberland enter the draft last year as well?

If he did enter before, he might not be coming back. I can't blame him, but I do wish he returned.

The only sense that I get of him raising his value at this point is if Coach uses him primarily as a point guard, so teams see him in that position more. He can distribute really well. But I'm not sure he's quick enough to defend against NBA level point guards. Haven't seen him try it enough to know.
Him declaring was always the plan... get nba feedback and go from there.

This really changes nothing imo.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,124
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure where the no agent stuff has come from but he did sign with an agent.



You can sign with an agent now and still return to college.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
sirthought
Member
 
sirthought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Down by river
Posts: 78
sirthought is on a distinguished road
Did he enter last year as well?
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #5
TheRealMick
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 85
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Did he enter last year as well?
Nope he should've though. Would he higher ranked on draft boards if he did. X has four players with zero chance of getting drafted, it nothing else it gets you chance be seen and scouted by NBA guys.

With Cumberland cousin not coming here that let me know that he was good as gone anyway.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,189
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Him declaring was always the plan... get nba feedback and go from there.

This really changes nothing imo.
Yes. It doesn't tell us much. It's the right move for him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
Cwebster19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Cwebster19 is on a distinguished road
Iím kind of curious myself to see what NBA folks think about him. UCs offense this year may have skewed my perception of his skills at an NBA level. The NBA is just at another level and Iím not sure if heís there yet. With that being said, if thereís money to be made, Iíd say see yíall.
Cwebster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
Mcginnjw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,492
Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
I actually hope that he impresses all the scouts, gets drafted, and has a long NBA career. Jarron has an opportunity to go through the freaking NBA draft process...can’t pass that up. That is something the people on this board can only dream about. I would love to see another UC player in the NBA...it is the only thing that keeps me interested in the NBA.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
sirthought
Member
 
sirthought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Down by river
Posts: 78
sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I actually hope that he impresses all the scouts, gets drafted, and has a long NBA career. Jarron has an opportunity to go through the freaking NBA draft process...canít pass that up. That is something the people on this board can only dream about. I would love to see another UC player in the NBA...it is the only thing that keeps me interested in the NBA.
The only thing? Gosh, you must love UC more than hoops itself.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #10
Mcginnjw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,492
Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
The only thing? Gosh, you must love UC more than hoops itself.
Yep
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.