Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Best of 2011 in Michigan

2. Saginaw wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett (uncommitted)
Silky-smooth wide receiver that was voted the MVP of his group at the Nike Camp. He has MSU at the top of his favorites, slightly ahead of USC and Note Dame.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...igan----so-far
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Saginaw wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett has offers from coast to coast and will almost certainly be one of the top 100 prospects in the nation. Arnett has the Spartans at the top of his list, ahead of programs like USC, Note Dame and Tennessee. Schools like Ohio State and Miami (Fla.) are trying to get involved. The Wolverines are still under consideration, but Rich Rodriguez's offense is not known for featuring wide receivers.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010052...r-these-locals
Old 05-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #33
JasonS
Football Moderator

DeAnthony Arnett
High School: Saginaw. Height: 6-0. Weight: 170. 40-yard dash: 4.51. Scout.com ranking: No. 6 WR.

DeAnthony Arnett reeled 41 receptions for 876 yards and 10 touchdowns for Saginaw High last year, but this four-star prospect really turned heads during the offseason. The second-rated prospect in the state dominated opponents in seven-on-seven competitions throughout the winter and spring thanks to his precise route-running and impressive quickness.

"It seems like every camp DeAnthony goes to, he kills it," said Scout.com Midwest analyst Allen Trieu. "He continued to impress with his route-running, hands, and ball skills at the Michigan Football Showcase. He made the play of the tournament when he went up between two defenders and made an outstanding catch to win a game. Arnett continues to move up in our eyes and has proven to be one of the very best in country."

Michigan was among the first programs to take note of Arnett's talents, but the Wolverines have had to work hard to overcome questions about how he would fit into their spread attack. Michigan's spring game went a long way toward appeasing that concern.

"I thought the spring game went real well," Arnett said. "I got a chance to see all three quarterbacks compete and go at it. I seen my boy Devin (Gardner) out there doing his thing. I think Denard (Robinson) really stepped up. He looks like the guy. He really had a grasp of the offense. They just showed a little glimpse of everything.

"I feel comfortable that I could pretty much fit in anywhere. I do feel like I could fit in (Michigan's) offense. They play my game. Whether it is the spread or pro-style, everybody fits my game."

A successful season appears to be the next hurdle U-M has to clear before it can move into a top five that includes Michigan State (slight leader), USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and California.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100527/...#ixzz0pBgZ4WPz
Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Per his twitter account, DeAnthony Arnett (2011-WR) has narrowed his list of schools to seven. I've had conversations with someone very close to Arnett and they informed me UK didn't make the list. Based on what I know about his recruitment, Michigan State and Notre Dame will be the teams to beat for his commitment.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot.com/
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #35
JasonS
Football Moderator

I just got off the phone with DeAnthony Arnett's brother, Ralph, who helps DeAnthony with his recruitment. They have a solid group of schools that make up his top six, and there will only be one school that could be added.

The top six is (in no order), USC, Cal, Oklahoma, MSU, Tennessee, and Iowa. The wildcard that could be thrown in, if they offer, is Miami.

Apparently, the recent quarterback commit to Miami, Teddy Bridgewater, really likes DeAnthony, and wants him at Miami. The only reason Miami hasn't offered yet is because their recruiting coordinator left, and coach Shannon never got to finish watching his film. It seems like they might be a big player, if the offer comes.

Ralph told me his take on everything with Michigan and DeAnthony is that at the end of the day, he has to do what's best for him, and he doesn't feel that offense will get him to the next level. He dropped Notre Dame for the same reasons, and said the only spread he would want to play in is Oklahoma's. It has nothing to do with the coaches at Michigan, who they think very highly of, or any other reason. Both Ralph and DeAnthony think that Rich Rod will have a lot of success at Michigan, it's just not the place for him to be a big time receiver, like he wants to be.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-dea...rnetts-top-six