Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Unsure why this kid doesn't have an offer. Even if he's a big OSU lean, they should still try and grab him early.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
The Nittany Lions have not offered a scholarship to Mentor (Ohio) Lake Catholic defensive end Chase Hounshell. However, they are interested.

How interested the Penn State staff is in Hounshell might be decided in the near future. According to a source, Hounshell’s highlight film is currently sitting on Joe Paterno’s desk.

Hounshell plans to attend Penn State’s senior camp during the summer, but if Joe Pa and the staff like what they see of Hounshell’s tape they will likely step up their recruitment of the 6-foot-5 and 250-pound defensive end. Jay Paterno stopped at Lake Catholic High School in January.

Hounshell has scholarship offers from Vanderbilt, Central Florida, Akron, Bowling Green and Ohio University. Penn State, Ohio State, Purdue, Cincinnati, Iowa, Boston College and West Virginia are some of the other schools showing interest.

http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index....-maiden-voyage
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

Defensive lineman Chase Hounshell (Mentor, Ohio/Lake Catholic) recently attended junior days at Vanderbilt, Cincinnati and Purdue and will visit Ohio State on Tuesday. In addition to Ohio State, the 6-foot-5, 250-pounder plans to visit Michigan State, Notre Dame and Central Michigan in the next couple weeks.

He already had offers from Vanderbilt, Central Florida, Akron, Bowling Green and Ohio University, but Toledo and Ball State offered over the weekend.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...26id%3d4978687
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #14
swg
Epic Member

Ball St and Miami (OH) have offered.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #15
swg
Epic Member

There is a great deal of conversation about no offers to defensive tackles like Kris Harley and Kevin Williams, players who really stand out on film and who have impressive offer lists, but the Buckeyes bring in a player like Chase Hounshell for a visit despite his not as impressive offer list and not as impressive highlight film.

Both brought up the body. Hounshell is long. 6-5 or 6-6 and a long body with long arms. I have had opposing coaches mention Hounshell to me but as an offensive lineman. He has some athleticism and a real nasty streak. He always plays hard. I went back and looked at a more extensive film than is out there in public. I think it is way too early to offer a kid like Hounshell but after watching more film, late in the process when other options are off the table, I would not be surprised at an offer. Harley and Williams need to add weight to play in this conference. Do they have the frames to handle the weight? It is a different deal with Hounshell. If nothing else we can add weight to that kind of body and make an offensive lineman out of the deal. Harley and Williams are going to be defensive tackles or they are going to sit. A couple of weeks ago I speculated that the staff was going back to its old familiar with the undersized guys, after the offer to McReynolds and bringing in Kevin Williams. It made sense to me that the staff was going back to the kind of tackles that they have had success with, as I am still looking for athletic wide bodies in this class. Since then Williams left without an offer and Kevin McReynolds showed himself to be a physical freak. There is no indication that the Buckeyes are going after Harley despite deep Buckeye roots. I prefer the idea of bringing in kids that have the bodies we are looking for in defensive tackles these days. Let them grow into tackles. We have an offer already to a very gifted player in Chase Farris who fits the mold. I do not see a possible three position player in Hounshell like I do with Farris. He is not the talent Farris is but he fits the concept.

I know what I saw on film. Harley is a better player. So is Williams. Right now they are. Right now doesn't matter. Three years from now is when it matters. It might not be at DT but I like the odds on Hounshell being the better player in time. I want to be clear. I don't think we should offer Hounshell any more than we should offer Harley and Williams but I understand and very much agree with the thinking of the staff on recruiting tackles. I would take bodies like Hounshells every time.

http://www.duanelongreport.com/2010/...kes-sense.html
Old 04-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
swg
Epic Member

Visiting CMU today.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #17
CoolCat

CoolCat is on a distinguished road
Why is UC not goin after Chase.
CoolCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

CMU, Memphis, Miami (OH) offered.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
swg
Epic Member

CMU is also actively recruiting 6-4, 228-pound Jake Duzey from Troy Athens, 6-7, 220-pound Riley McMinn from Rochester, Ill., and 6-5, 242-pound Chase Hounshell from Kirtland (Ohio) Lake Catholic. All three players have been offered by the Chippewas and their size projects them at multiple positions in college

http://www.freep.com/article/2010042...illed-athletes
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #20
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Wyoming and Indiana have offered.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote