Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #31
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Louisville and Kansas have offered.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #32
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Mark Dantonio is well respected around college football for being what Jim Tressel called, “One of the best talent evaluators I have ever been around.” So when he makes an offer to a young man, people across the game pay attention.

Wednesday Spartan Nation stopped in Mentor, Ohio to talk to Lake Catholic OL/DL Chase Hounshell. This impressive young man is the real deal, with a monster upside that could see him land on either side of the ball.

With an offer list nearing twenty and almost half of the Big Ten, this big 6’5” 260# OL/DL has a high motor and a passion for the game. He has an offer from the Spartans in hand, and with Defensive Coordinator Pat Narduzzi as his primary recruiter, he is feeling the Spartan love. “Coach Dantonio called me last night and he told me that I can play offense or defense… it is whatever I want. I love the facilities, all of the coaches, and Michigan State is just an amazing place.“

“They offered me first as an offensive lineman, but then when they watched my defensive video they said it was up to me. Coach Dantonio said I can play either side, whatever I want. I would need to gain a lot of weight to play offensive tackle, so I would say starting out I would be a defensive end. If I gained a little more weight then move inside to defensive tackle. If I really bulked up, I could go to offensive line.”

Hounshell isn’t a finished product and that has college scouts drooling. With tremendous vision and lateral movement, he has all of the tools to be dominant, and the upside that forecasts he could he great. He has to work on his hands for both sides of the ball and getting off of blockers on defense, but this youngster can do it.

Perhaps even more impressive than his size is his strength. He is a machine in the weight room, “I do love it. I lift twice a day. It is so much fun.”

His coach at Lake Catholic is Mike Bell. Bell is a well-respected teacher of the game who describes his young stars work ethic as, “ready and willing… he is eager, he wants to learn, he wants to practice and get better.”

Bell described Hounshell’s upside as, “He started on the offensive line as a sophomore. We didn’t think that young, we should push him to play both sides. Last year we did. He has a lot more reps on the offense and he has a lot more that he can get a lot better at, and he is already a very good athlete.”

So where do the Spartans stand at this moment? Hounshell said, “They are at the very top of my list. I love everything about Michigan State. I love how they recruited me as more than a football player. I just can’t think of anything they do or have done that I don’t love. Michigan State doesn’t recruit football players, they recruit the person and the family, I just can’t say how different that is from other schools and how impressed I am with the entire program and school.”

With so many offers from several great schools, Hounshell has to feel like it is Christmas. So when does he expect to make his choice? “I will wait until next season after I make visits.”

http://spartannation.com/?p=12125
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
swg
Epic Member

BC, Iowa and UVA all added offers.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #34
swg
Epic Member

WV offered, could be a player.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #35
swg
Epic Member

ISDUpdate

Touted defensive end Chase Hounshell really impressed the Notre Dame coaching staff at Thursday's camp. http://tinyurl.com/357nsrn
Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #36
swg
Epic Member

ISDUpdate

Hounshell Could Have Offer Coming Soon http://bit.ly/aDVOqq
Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #37
swg
Epic Member

Two-way lineman Chase Hounshell (Mentor, Ohio/Lake Catholic) continues to see his impressive list of scholarship offers grow. But Hounshell has narrowed his choices down to a half dozen or so schools and is busily visiting those schools.

"I have 23 offers now," Hounshell said. "I've narrowed it down to maybe a top six or seven."

His list is made up of Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Illinois, Boston College and West Virginia. All but the Fighting Irish have offered, which could change shortly.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...3dkurelic_bill
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #38
swg
Epic Member

@Chris_Pool DE Chase Hounshell (Mentor, Ohio./Lake Catholic) says he camped at both Notre Dame and West Virginia this summer. WVU offered a scholarship. about 9 hours ago
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
swg
Epic Member

Chase spurned the Gators, and decided on ND almost out of the blue.

NDatRivals Irish Illustrated
RT @chasehounshell: I COMMITTED 2 THE UNIV OF NOTRE DAME!!! Want 2 thank Gator Country for all ur support...but I had 2 do whats best for me