Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How will UC finish in the tournament?
1st Place 38 95.00%
2nd Place 2 5.00%
3rd Place 0 0%
4th Place or worse 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #71
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Hey Jacob, what's the word on the streaming of the tourney??

I read collegesportslive.com would be the best option to pay 9.95 for the month and then cancel. Is that what you're using? How is the quality of the feed?

Thanks!
That's what I did. You can watch it from your TV if you have a Roku. Or a table or phone. I will say the quality was definitely not hd for the Iowa game.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #72
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
If anything, Iowa losing will definitely grab our players attention. Not saying they needed it but you know what I'm saying.

At this point, we just need to win. Who we are going against in this tournament really doesn't matter. Iowa wasn't going to be a top 50 win come March anyway.
I thought they would be to be honest. They are a team adjusting with out Peter jok. They will figure it out soon. Could still be middle of the pack in the big 10.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #73
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
with Iowa losing, this tournament will not help us at all when it comes to seeding. Maybe it wouldn't have even if we played Iowa but at least there was a chance. A pointless trip now
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #74
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
if you are nervous about buffalo, i would hate to see you against an actual team.
We may blow the doors off buffalo.

But they do drive the ball well and play physical. Kyle will have his hands full with Perkins.

I think we destroy them in our own gym. But this is a weird gym, and we have a big target on our backs.

I mean UC has looked absolutely great. But our SOS is 9th worst in the entire country. So I’m more nervous about the unknown. How do we react in an empty gym, against a physical team and against an opponent who thinks this is their super bowl.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:05 PM   #75
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I think Iowa stays top 100 regardless
Old 11-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #76
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We may blow the doors off buffalo.

But they do drive the ball well and play physical. Kyle will have his hands full with Perkins.

I think we destroy them in our own gym. But this is a weird gym, and we have a big target on our backs.

I mean UC has looked absolutely great. But our SOS is 9th worst in the entire country. So I’m more nervous about the unknown. How do we react in an empty gym, against a physical team and against an opponent who thinks this is their super bowl.
its buffalo. if we lose to them, we might not be as good as everyone thinks
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #77
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
That's what I did. You can watch it from your TV if you have a Roku. Or a table or phone. I will say the quality was definitely not hd for the Iowa game.
Is it worth it? Nothing worse than trying to stream something with a terrible connection on the back end or with a grainy video quality.

If it's not good quality I may just listen on the radio and save the frustration.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM   #78
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Is it worth it? Nothing worse than trying to stream something with a terrible connection on the back end or with a grainy video quality.

If it's not good quality I may just listen on the radio and save the frustration.
Watching the free version from my computer at work, the stream was 'okay' at best. It was definitely not HD and was kind of back and forth between good and bad. If you are desperate to watch, its worth it. If you aren't going to die without it, I'd def skip the stream.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #79
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
The video on College Sports Live isn't great. Really might feel like we're watching our players' high school mixtapes lol. They don't even have the score up the whole time and it's often way too zoomed in and you can't even see the hoop. Still worth it though imo.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #80
justinhub2003
Epic Member

These rims might not be very forgiving.

iowa shot 37%
Wyoming shooting 37%
SDSU Shooting 32%

Teams are shooting a combined 23-85 from 3 for 29%

Though SDSU has gotten back into this game by hitting some big 3's