Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Tulane game?
UC wins by 20+ 5 20.83%
UC wins by 13-19 6 25.00%
UC wins by 7-12 11 45.83%
UC wins by 1-6 1 4.17%
Tulane wins 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2018, 10:42 PM   #151
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
My guess: UC has been practicing offense far more than defense the last couple days.

I remember up until the Xavier game, Cronin said that they hadn’t really worked on much half court defense yet.

Then we dropped to Xavier and defense became the focus. And I believe it stayed the focus on our 16 game run. Then we dropped 2 more and since then he’s talked about how players will learn to shoot and score or else. And it’s apparent we working on the offensive end as well
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM   #152
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Great stuff from Coach on the postgame.
Listening to him really made me think we are gonna win In Wichita
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #153
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Calm down, Bearcat defender, I meant no harm.

Was only saying it, would be perfect execution even if it was 5 on 0 let alone against an actual team.

That said Tulane plays god aweful defense and we’ve looked amazing against bad teams all year, need to carry this momentum over to Sunday .

Love the way Cumberland is playing too
I like that, I should get a cape. And yeah Cumberland has always been confident but he is coming out of his shell even more and just becoming a great all around player. We are in good hands with him in the future
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #154
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Evans is okay...or at least not serious. Whew!

I think the silver lining here is that we had to throw some different lineups out there with Cumberland out as well. Cane did great and Williams had a pretty good game defensively and rebounding.

I think Kyle got back to himself. Cane and Scott are building some confidence at the right time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:58 AM   #155
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Cane has been incredibly efficient in his last 4 games averaging around 14 points on 15 of 20 from 2 pt FGs (75%) and 7 of 11 from 3 (64%).

He's been very smart about taking shots and doesn't seem to be taking too many away from the others.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:11 AM   #156
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Scott has been killing the boards lately! With his defensive flexibility he should be able to give us some valuable minutes down the stretch. He is a little undersized to guard a 5 but I don't mind him getting some of Washington's back up minutes. At this point I like him before Nsoseme. Maybe he can split with Brooks and then get Clark's backup minutes as well.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #157
bearcat23

bearcat23 is on a distinguished road
what's the latest on evans?
need him 100%
bearcat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:30 AM   #158
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Cane has been incredibly efficient in his last 4 games averaging around 14 points on 15 of 20 from 2 pt FGs (75%) and 7 of 11 from 3 (64%).

He's been very smart about taking shots and doesn't seem to be taking too many away from the others.
Evans is 7 of 10 from 3 in his last 2 games and 2 of 11 from 2. I think he's still forcing too much and we need to let all these guys get back to what they are good at. We don't need to force any action with 1 player...we have options.

As a side note I kinda like the option of running the weave a little bit on the perimeter with Cane, Evans, and Cumberland. This is a better way to use Cane in half court. As opposed to the pass around the perimeter style when Jenifer is in.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #159
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat23 View Post
what's the latest on evans?
need him 100%
Sounds like he's fine but I think you have to wait and see if he is sore today to make an assessment on when to put him back in.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #160
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Does anybody have audio or video of the postgame from Mick last night?
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote