Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #31
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Well it appeared that we did force Hardnett off team to get Harvey. But I agree, hoping to grab a Harvey type player is exactly why you hold onto the 13th scholarship.

The risk is that Harvey as a Junior or Senior commits an infraction that you could let slide from another player, but can't let slide with Harvey due to his past. Now suddenly you are losing a star player you have given a bunch of playing time to develop and are relying on to play major minutes. Also, as we know, UC still holds a bit of the Thug-U reputation (without reason), if Harvey gets into more legal trouble, his past is something that can be used against us in the media/recruiting.

Just because I think Harvey is high risk, doesn't mean I think we shouldn't have taken him or think something will go wrong. By high risk I don't mean I think it's 50-50 he will get into trouble again either. I'd say he's a few percentage points more likely to get into more trouble than an average recruit. I expect him to have no problems and quickly develop into a star here.
What’s the risk with the madsens? You think if Gabe is killing it and mason isn’t, you think he leaves with his brother? I don’t see that happening. And if they are both struggling and want to leave. So be it.

As far as Harvey, you have to take him. It’s not even a question. We are in no position to turn away top talent. Especially if you are a new coach trying to start something big.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote