Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #441
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
the first good thing in two days, but he didn't say he's staying.
If I had to choose one player to rebuild with. JD would be the guy!

He's a leader and has endless enthusiasm. If he's staying then his enthusiasm is for UC. And I can't think of a better player to help sell the rebuild. I don't care who the coach is.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #442
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
This is really simple to me: for whatever reason, most of these kids don't want to play for John Brannen. Guy could be a total prick, guy could be Mother Teresa--apportion blame however you like, but he simply can't relate to these kids and develop a relationship with them. Those are simply the facts on the ground, and they don't inspire confidence that this program gets back on solid footing under him. If I'm UC, I'm at least exploring my options at this point.
I mean, by many accounts Mother Teresa was a total prick, so...
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:09 PM   #443
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
the first good thing in two days, but he didn't say he's staying.
There was a 100 with black and red hearts with cats paws. and we gonna be alright.

That would be a strange way to do things if he's gone...but I'm with you and nervous until it's official
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:10 PM   #444
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If I had to choose one player to rebuild with. JD would be the guy!

He's a leader and has endless enthusiasm. If he's staying then his enthusiasm is for UC. And I can't think of a better player to help sell the rebuild. I don't care who the coach is.

If he stays for us just put his jersey up now lol.

He's basically saying follow me and I'll build this program. I hope he talks to the local guys and convinces them too.

This is the only avenue that isn't a 5 year restart.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #445
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
JD is gonna play 40 min a game and put up 30 shots.. Maybe It is a good idea to stay.

don't care though

I got excited by Mason's potential, even after being a hater, because we haven't had a shooter like that maybe ever, and then now he is gone

Tari's potential jumped off the page

Mikey was showing real potential too.

thats what pisses me off the most, I was starting to buy in..
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #446
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
JD is gonna play 40 min a game and put up 30 shots.. Maybe It is a good idea to stay.

don't care though

I got excited by Mason's potential, even after being a hater, because we haven't had a shooter like that maybe ever, and then now he is gone

Tari's potential jumped off the page

Mikey was showing real potential too.

thats what pisses me off the most, I was starting to buy in..
So this is your fault? That makes some sense.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #447
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
JD for player-coach.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #448
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
At this point, show Brannen the door. The players have sent a message to any incoming players under John Brannen that this is not the place to be.

The Coach trust is gone.

And if money keeps coming up, then that means in some sorts that Cincinnati is a loser city, willing to hold on to trash, rather than turn the page.

What else do we need to see what Brannen can or can't do?

If the University has Big Boy Conference aspirations, they need to cut ties and figure the rest out as they go. Can't be worse than what's going on now.

Man my city needs to lose that "Suck it up, because we already paid for him attitude"

That's like getting your drive thru order totally different from what you ordered, seeing it, discussing your displeasure internally, but never getting a refund, instead driving off, while blaming yourself for ordering when you should have ate at home.

NEW COACH PLEASE!
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #449
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I think the ole portal is going to be a little bit tougher than some think... 1000s of players.
That is the elephant in the room that the players/parents aren't considering. It will be nasty and many will not have a team or they will be playing D2 ball.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #450
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkywestside View Post
That is the elephant in the room that the players/parents aren't considering. It will be nasty and many will not have a team or they will be playing D2 ball.
I tend to think that it's going to be that way... Portal is jam packed. And we haven't even gotten players from the tourney yet. There will be alot of talent... And 5ft nothing mikey's of the world averaging 5 ppg could potentially be overlooked.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote