cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #1222
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
When do we think a hire is made?
My guess is by Wednesday at the latest. Wouldn't be amazed if it is tomorrow. But if I'm betting I'd split the difference and say Tuesday.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:41 PM   #1223
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
It's to the point where I'm actually hoping (at least for your sake) that you're related to Mick Cronin, or that you are a close friend of the family.

Because if you're not, then you're level of fandom for Mick Cronin in borderline disturbing. It's been clear since day 1 of the Brannen hire that you were butthurt about your boy leaving. You would have thought we just let John Wooden walk out the door.

Don't get me wrong, Mick Cronin is a decent coach but there's plenty of argument to be made that it was time to move on.

Also, you have zero clue just how good are next coach could be. They could very well end up being more successfull here than Mick. At least give them a chance.

PS Quit focusing solely on win totals. You completely ignore the strength of the OOC, and the strength of the conference over those 3 years. Don't tell me a coach that *only* wins 75 games over that same 3 years and advance further in the tournament isn't the more successful coach.
I always think that people can’t actually think that win totals mean you’re a great coach, or because a coach coaches in a certain league they can’t be good, but here we are.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:16 PM   #1224
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
My guess is by Wednesday at the latest. Wouldn't be amazed if it is tomorrow. But if I'm betting I'd split the difference and say Tuesday.
Agree. Cunningham likely knew who he wanted months ago. The interviews and due diligence are probably just a formality.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #1225
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I always think that people can’t actually think that win totals mean you’re a great coach, or because a coach coaches in a certain league they can’t be good, but here we are.
And I always think that people can't really believe you should judge a coach by the results of a one-and-done tournament which contains a major luck factor, but here we are.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #1226
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
We need UA to make our C paw large on front of our team gear
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:23 PM   #1227
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
And I always think that people can't really believe you should judge a coach by the results of a one-and-done tournament which contains a major luck factor, but here we are.
That’s where you are wrong. People don’t judge a single one and done tournament but they do judge 9-10 one and done tournaments. You said yourself how important it is to recruiting and the program.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:25 PM   #1228
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Depends on what said people goals are. Mick which I loved scheduled a lot of hbcu or worse teams to pad his records. Honestly if JB did the same and didn’t come out swinging for home runs he’ll still be here. To get best of best players you must play the best in country
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:25 PM   #1229
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
We need UA to make our C paw large on front of our team gear
This comment, the Jason Kidd thing, what are you talking about man?
Old 04-11-2021, 08:50 PM   #1230
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I mean, who do you have on your list we should be interviewing?
I’ve been saying my list since before Brannen was fired.

I want coaches that have coached at smaller schools and proven they understand modern offense.

If you hire an assistant, you go with somebody like Jerome Tang, not West Virginia’s 4th assistant because he used to play here.

If everybody turns you down and you gotta go to the 10th guy and you’re forced to hire Martin, then you probably shouldn’t be allowed to make anymore decisions as AD.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote