Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #161
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I posted in the Wes thread, but I left Koval off cause I'm not sure of the rules. He transferred once, can he do it again for free?
Why wouldn’t he be allowed? New rule isn’t in affect yet
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #162
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Miller isn’t 1st rd pick.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:48 AM   #163
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Why wouldn’t he be allowed? New rule isn’t in affect yet
I don't know, I don't know what the rule is.

But people have said DeJulius can't transfer for free, so it seems like the same exact situation (and people could be wrong on DeJulius.)
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #164
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:

But people have said DeJulius can't transfer for free, so it seems like the same exact situation (and people could be wrong on DeJulius.)
Idk either bro
Old 04-15-2021, 08:16 AM   #165
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:

My understanding is every player gets an extra year of eligibility and a free transfer waiver this season because of Covid, regardless of any previous transfers. From an eligibility standpoint, it's like 2020-21 was considered a sit out year for everybody.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:20 AM   #166
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
My understanding is every player gets an extra year of eligibility and a free transfer waiver this season because of Covid, regardless of any previous transfers. From an eligibility standpoint, it's like 2020-21 was considered a sit out year for everybody.

good stuff
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #167
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One exception, graduating seniors cannot get extra year of eligibility if they switch schools. I.E, Keith couldn't transfer to UckLa to play for Mick in 21/22.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #168
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
One exception, graduating seniors cannot get extra year of eligibility if they switch schools. I.E, Keith couldn't transfer to UckLa to play for Mick in 21/22.
I don't think that's true. The portal is flooded with seniors. Brandon McKissic was one of the big senior transfer targets in the portal. He played 4 years at UMKC and is committed to Florida for next season.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #169
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't think that's true. The portal is flooded with seniors. Brandon McKissic was one of the big senior transfer targets in the portal. He played 4 years at UMKC and is committed to Florida for next season.
You are correct. Every graduating senior can play immediately, even if they transfer schools. The difference is graduating seniors who switch schools count toward the 13 scholarship max. Graduating seniors who return to the same school do not count toward the 13 max.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #170
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Martin has a link to Teddy Allen, who is in the portal. He started at WVU a few years ago then went to Juco after sitting a year at Wichita St and played at Nebraska this year.
Teddy Allen has a fascinating backstory. Really, really tough go of it growing up, wound up at Boys Town. Really a guy you want to see make it.

Also I watched him play a couple of times and he is just a bucket getter. Big, strong kid with a solid jumper and very tough and assertive playing style.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote