Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Coach Tuberville

Ok I hate to make a new thread about this but I couldnt find another to place it in. Its easy for us to overreact with the fact we already have 2 losses this year. But I was thinking last night tuberville is building something special here. Hes doing it the right way as well by red shirting almost every freshman every year. I think he will continue to get better recruits better coaching and better teams. As we saw last night when tubby went with bunch freshman on defense the talent is there. I just get the sense that he is doing it the right way and building for many years of success not just enough to get to another higher profile job. It reminds me of how cronin did it it was a painful rebuild at times but cronin did it the right way it was slow and painful but he built such a solid foundation that the success is now here and not going anywhere anytime soon. He has struggled a bit since he got here but its because hes trying to win with another coaches type of players and honestly I think Butch left us very thin at many spots

So what do you guys think am i overreacting over one big win? Or am i being realistic and keeping things in perspective. I have had my doubts if tuberville's the right guy but the more and more I think about it the more I think he is the perfect guy. I think he will lead us to a power 5 conference we are basically a big 12 team already. I dont think he will leave and he can recruit his ass off. So what do you guys think?

Last edited by Btown Bearcat; 10-02-2015 at 11:22 AM.
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
You are overreacting to one game against a team who's coach is actually worse than Tuberville. Great to finally beat a team with comparable talent but the track record indicates this is an aberration. We are still looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season best case scenario. That shouldn't be acceptable in this conference.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
It was a pretty impressive win with a record crowd. A lot of playmakers out (Moore, Boone, Holton) and backup QB in on national TV.

I think it is a wait and see. Memphis plays Ole Miss soon at the LB, so that will be a good measuring stick on how good they are. Temple is also pretty good beating PSU. Hard to know actually how good those teams are right now. Turnovers and special teams have been the killer this season. Those are things that can be fixed or hopefully fixed. OOC schedule also pretty tough. Tall task in Provo in two weeks.

I do agree UC should be battling for title in AAC
Old 10-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
This was the first big game in the past few years where our defense was actually able to get off the field. Hopefully this starts becoming a more regular thing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You are overreacting to one game against a team who's coach is actually worse than Tuberville. Great to finally beat a team with comparable talent but the track record indicates this is an aberration. We are still looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season best case scenario. That shouldn't be acceptable in this conference.
I'm pretty sure you'd find a way to complain about Tuberville even if he won a national title and went undefeated. He isn't amazing, but he has brought consistency to a program that lost two good coaches. He clearly knows how to develop a good offense. If he can get the defense to improve, his teams should be very competitive.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This was the first big game in the past few years where our defense was actually able to get off the field. Hopefully this starts becoming a more regular thing.
Did you watch the 3rd Quarter? The D was on the field the whole quarter, offense had -7 yards
Old 10-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Did you watch the 3rd Quarter? The D was on the field the whole quarter, offense had -7 yards
In the game, Miami had 4 possessions in UC territory where they walked away with 0 points...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #8
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
Ok I hate to make a new thread about this but I couldnt find another to place it in. Its easy for us to overreact with the fact we already have 2 losses this year. But I was thinking last night tuberville is building something special here. Hes doing it the right way as well by red shirting almost every freshman every year. I think he will continue to get better recruits better coaching and better teams. As we saw last night when tubby went with bunch freshman on defense the talent is there. I just get the sense that he is doing it the right way and building for many years of success not just enough to get to another higher profile job. It reminds me of how cronin did it it was a painful rebuild at times but cronin did it the right way it was slow and painful but he built such a solid foundation that the success is now here and not going anywhere anytime soon. He has struggled a bit since he got here but its because hes trying to win with another coaches type of players and honestly I think Butch left us very thin at many spots

So what do you guys think am i overreacting over one big win? Or am i being realistic and keeping things in perspective. I have had my doubts if tuberville's the right guy but the more and more I think about it the more I think he is the perfect guy. I think he will lead us to a power 5 conference we are basically a big 12 team already. I dont think he will leave and he can recruit his ass off. So what do you guys think?
Sorry to say, but I think you are over reacting after a solid win over a once powerful program. Miami is nothing like they used to be.

UC has not performed up to the expectations of the fans and media in regards to conference performance. Due to national perception of the AAC, 0-2 in league play is unacceptable. We won't be contending for a league title. That is a tough pill to swallow in early October.

This team can potentially win out the rest of the way. Let's see how it plays out. I am not ready to change my perception of Tubbs based on last night. He still has a lot to prove. We have a very good program and in my opinion Tubbs still needs to earn the fans trust that he can get us back to playing on New Year's Day and potentially in a new conference.

We (fans, University alumni, and donors) have spent a lot of money on the athletics department. We are now playing in big stakes college football because of the financial investment. We need/want big results. I think it is expected by a lot in our fan base that we win games like last night.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I've been hard on Tuberville this year. Last night was a great win and yes, we finally saw the defense get some stops and get off the field. Hopefully the defense can build on that. With that said, it's easy for this team to get up and want to play and beat Miami. Their name carries weight regardless of how good a team they actually are. And yes, I agree with NTS that their coach is bad and probably helped us out some with his gameplan. Although their defense did make adjustments at halftime and shut our offense down. But like I said, this was the game us as fans looked at the schedule and said, "I want this game!!" And I can assure you the players felt the same way. I don't think Miami thought of us like that, especially after handing us our butts last year. My point is when UConn or South Florida or Tulane come to town will we see this same intensity and execution? We didn't with Temple or the other Miami this year. And alot of that comes to coaching to get your team up to play at a high level no matter who the opponent. I haven't seen that out of Tuberville and last night's win didn't change that. It was a great win, build from that and keep up that play. He is the coach and I will support him as long as he is here but this season is already a let down and nothing will change that. But going forward we can still improve and I hope he proves me wrong.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I've been hard on Tuberville this year. Last night was a great win and yes, we finally saw the defense get some stops and get off the field. Hopefully the defense can build on that. With that said, it's easy for this team to get up and want to play and beat Miami. Their name carries weight regardless of how good a team they actually are. And yes, I agree with NTS that their coach is bad and probably helped us out some with his gameplan. Although their defense did make adjustments at halftime and shut our offense down. But like I said, this was the game us as fans looked at the schedule and said, "I want this game!!" And I can assure you the players felt the same way. I don't think Miami thought of us like that, especially after handing us our butts last year. My point is when UConn or South Florida or Tulane come to town will we see this same intensity and execution? We didn't with Temple or the other Miami this year. And alot of that comes to coaching to get your team up to play at a high level no matter who the opponent. I haven't seen that out of Tuberville and last night's win didn't change that. It was a great win, build from that and keep up that play. He is the coach and I will support him as long as he is here but this season is already a let down and nothing will change that. But going forward we can still improve and I hope he proves me wrong.
Tuberville clearly recruits well. A lot of freshman on defense last night that played pretty well. I wish we were more consistently disciplined. This team has the talent to win 10 games a year. I did have a blast night night watching that game.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote