skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Arkansas

TUESDAY NOV 23,
9:30 P.M. ET
T-Mobile Center
ESPN2

Since Queens_NYC hasn't posted the game thread yet, figured I'd do the honors.

They have some skilled veteran guards, but they aren't deep. On Monday they really only played 7 players and that's been pretty much the norm for them throughout the season. Sometimes their 8th man (Trey Wade, transfer from Wichita State) gets more minutes, but I don't expect him to get more than 10 minutes.

Our advantage is going to be depth, especially on the interior. Only two of Arkansas' main 7 guys are taller than 6'6". One of them is 7'3", but he is fairly skinny and only averages 15 minutes. If we can brigade them on the interior and wear down their two bigs (or get one of them in foul trouble) I like our chances. Good luck guarding Lakhin with a guy who is 6'6", 210 lbs, though Lakhin is going to have to hold his own against a much smaller guy on the defensive end, so it will be an interesting battle.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Can’t wait. I’m hoping for a better start… and that these guys know what they can do when they play with intensity.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
TUESDAY NOV 23,
9:30 P.M. ET
T-Mobile Center
ESPN2

Since Queens_NYC hasn't posted the game thread yet, figured I'd do the honors.

They have some skilled veteran guards, but they aren't deep. On Monday they really only played 7 players and that's been pretty much the norm for them throughout the season. Sometimes their 8th man (Trey Wade, transfer from Wichita State) gets more minutes, but I don't expect him to get more than 10 minutes.

Our advantage is going to be depth, especially on the interior. Only two of Arkansas' main 7 guys are taller than 6'6". One of them is 7'3", but he is fairly skinny and only averages 15 minutes. If we can brigade them on the interior and wear down their two bigs (or get one of them in foul trouble) I like our chances. Good luck guarding Lakhin with a guy who is 6'6", 210 lbs, though Lakhin is going to have to hold his own against a much smaller guy on the defensive end, so it will be an interesting battle.
Thanks, skyblade.

I was bogged down with holiday stuff and didn't want to create the game thread if I couldn't do a proper preview.

Won't be able to watch tonight but hope to catch the replay before work tomorrow.

Arkansas's a 5-point favorite so Vegas isn't entirely on our bangwagon yet.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Sounds like another win to me
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:33 PM   #5
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Sounds like another win to me
It feels weird to say, given that I did not expect us to be this good early on. But I like our chances.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:06 PM   #6
skyblade
Epic Member

Illinois beat Kansas State by 7 and it should have been more, but Cockburn was 1-5 from the FT line in the final minute.

Arkansas beat Kansas State by 8.

By the law of transference of scores, we should beat Arkansas by about 20.

Edit: Live score was wrong apparently. Oddly, the score in the Illinois vs Kansas State game was exactly the same as Arkansas Kansas State. Kansas State lost both games were 72-64.

Last edited by skyblade; 11-23-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #7
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
It's playing with house money. Winning would be great bonus.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
skyblade
Epic Member

Arkansas following the scouting report, let Newman shoot it as much as he wants.

We are playing solid D so far, but need to work on getting more ball movement of O. Also need to tell Newman not to shoot the ball if there are over 10 seconds on the shot clock.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:26 PM   #9
skyblade
Epic Member

Bad half for us on the offensive end. Davenport was bad, Lakhin was bad, MAW got 3 fouls and Saunders started to wear out because of it.

Yet we are somehow up 4 at half time.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:47 PM   #10
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
We are getting abused on the boards.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote