Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 OH RB Jamire Westbook (Offer)

Running Back
Cincinnati, OH (Kings Mill)

Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 192
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Received a verbal offer from UC.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

#4 / Kings Mill / Jamire Westbrook / RB / 5' 10" / 192# / So-2012 /***2009 - 10 games 179 carries for 916 yards & 4TD, 4 catches for 28 yards & 4 TD's to include 2 for 3 passing for 99 yards & 2 TD's.I thought maybe I even saw #4 running the Bar-B-Que during halftime to only be confused he was leading the band! Talk about a player that made an impact Westbrook never came off the field even recording a sack on defense. The one really bright spot for the Knights was #4 for a down year & 1st losing season for Olds, best part is that Kings has so many returning starters from the 2009 season! 1st Team All FAVC Cardinal in 2009.

http://www.swohiofootball.com/index....8_2012-SWOF-50
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Last season was a challenging one for sophomore Jamire Westbrook. In 2008 he busted on to the scene as a freshman tailback at Little Miami where he ran for 768 yards and nine total touchdowns. The Panthers went 7-3 and things were looking promising for the upstart program.

When the season ended his family moved into the Kings school district which was difficult transfer.

“Going in a different program that was once my rival and just playing versus my old team was strange,” stated Westbrook.

Last year at Kings turned out to be one of the Knights’ toughest in recent history as the team went 3-7.

Head coach Andy Olds was struck with a heart attack in the preseason and the team never got off the ground after that.

Playing in his first season at a new school wasn’t easy for the sophomore.

“It didn't affect our focus at all to play as a team but we had it in our hearts the whole time he was out,” Westbrook said of the loss of their coach.

Westbrook’s play on the field spoke for itself. He would generate 1,690 total yards for the Knights. The youngster ran for 916 yards and four touchdowns. He also had four receiving and two passing scores.

His skills are far more complete than just running the football. Olds raves about his blocking ability, and his 5-foot-9, 185 pound frame carries a ton of upper body strength. He also can catch the ball coming out off the backfield with 28 catches and 442 receiving yards in ’09. Going into his junior year he has caught 44 balls while averaging 13.2 yards per reception.

With 20 varsity games under his belt and being heading towards a second year in the Kings’ program expectations have changed for Westbrook.

“My leadership role will change for the season,” he claims about his upcoming junior season. “I have more experience under my belt so I will have to lead the younger athletes on how to do it by working hard continuously on and off the field.”

He hasn’t even stepped on the field for his junior season and his accomplishments are already some of the Tri-state’s best. Westbrook has 1,684 yards rushing, 582 yards receiving, 99 passing yards, 248 return yards, 12 rushing touchdowns, two passing touchdowns and five receiving scores.

It should be a different story for this Knights team this fall. They played a ton of underclassmen a year ago and their experiences should pay dividends this season.

“We have a good team, we are not losing that many seniors, and we are going to be a team to watch for 2010,” Westbrook stated.

FINAL TAKE: Even though Westbrook doesn’t have any college offers yet, they phone will be ringing off the hook after this season. Coach Olds thinks Westbrook will add another 15 pounds to his body and that will be appealing to universities who are going love his versatility and size. He is a polished player whose best days are still ahead of him.

http://www.tristatefootball.com/arti...ArticleID=2049
Old 04-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Kings High sophomore Jamire Westbrook received a scholarship offer last week to play football at the University of Cincinnati. Westbrook, a running back for the Knights, is the first player to be offered in the Bearcats’ 2012 recruiting class and is the first sophomore in Kings High history to receive an offer.

“Jamire has two years to get better and collect other offers,” Kings coach Andy Olds said. “It’s great news for his family, our football program and for our school as a whole.”

http://www.journal-news.com/blogs/co...cxtype=feedbot
Old 04-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Ohio State recently called about Kings sophomore RB Jamire Westbrook
MikeDyer, Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
1cheergirl

1cheergirl is on a distinguished road
He is really good. I have watched him play. This is a kid anyone needs on their team!
1cheergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
1cheergirl

1cheergirl is on a distinguished road
Jamire has game and nothing will get in his way. He is good and any college should have pride in asking him to play for them.
1cheergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheergirl View Post
He is really good. I have watched him play. This is a kid anyone needs on their team!
Hopefully he realizes the great opportunity that he will have at UC. To say we are thin at RB after the 2010 season would be quite an understatement. Pead will be gone after 2011 as well. We need quality RBs in a bad way.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

As a freshman, Westbrook rushed for 768 yards on 85 carries, averaging nine yards per carry. He also caught 16 passes for an additional 140 yards. Last season he moved into the Kings School District and in 10 games had 179 carries for 916 yards and 28 receptions for 442 yards. For his efforts, he was one of only three sophomores to earn 1st team All-FAVC honors.

Last week, after watching a Cincinnati spring football practice, Westbrook received a verbal scholarship offer from the Bearcats. Sophomores cannot receive written scholarship offers until September 1st of their junior year.

His high school coach, Andy Olds, accompanied him on the unofficial visit to Nippert Stadium and talked about the physical maturation of his rising star.

"He's pretty stocky. That's what's so amazing because he got all that done in one year. He came to us weighing 165 pounds and benching about 175. Now he's benching 266 and squatting close to 400 pounds."

At 5-foot-9 and having bulked up to 206 pounds, Olds said he doesn't much look like the typical 16-year old.

"He's got good looking arms and is thick through his hips and legs. He's a powerful kid," Olds said.

When Westbrook was asked if he could describe his running style, the youngster kept his answer very simple. "I like to watch LaDainian Tomlinson."

Olds went into more detail. "We're an inside/out type zone team, and I think that is what we're going to hang our hat on. We are going to dictate to his style. I think he's got the vision it takes to be able to run the zone, and he has great cutting ability. His biggest asset is he gets to top speed in probably three or four steps."

Having Westbrook for two more seasons is exciting enough, but his coach is also thrilled to have his first BCS recruit and gave some of the details to how the recent verbal offer was extended to Westbrook.

"It happened without me in the room. We had been talking with (UC running back coach) Coach Elder, and he was talking to Jamire about what he could and couldn't do because of NCAA rules. I didn't hear Jamire actually get the offer until Coach Elder reviewed everything with me. They wanted Jamire to know that they were offering early because they really wanted to get him."

The quiet sophomore saw one Bearcat game as a fan last fall and admits that getting his first scholarship offer left him speechless.

"I was very excited about it, but I didn't know what to say."

Although he said he has been following the Cincinnati football program, he is not a fan of any school. "I just like football in general," said Westbrook.

The Bearcats might be the first to offer a scholarship, but they will surely not be the last. Ohio State is also starting to show considerable interest.

Potential suitors could get a look at Westbrook's versatility in the fall as it looks like he may see some time on defense.

"He's probably better than a lot of our other kids even if he's tired," said Olds. "We may find a place for him on defense at least part-time. He may find himself playing on third downs for us."

Playing on defense could further help Westbrook's recruitment, but Olds said his star's primary role won't change. Westbrook, who averaged 21 touches last season, needs the ball in his hands.

"If we don't get him the ball between 18 and 25 times, I'll probably be looking for another job. I'm not smart, but I'm smart enough to know he should be carrying the football. He's also probably the best receiver on our team," said Olds.

And with his mother watching, grades won't be an issue according to Olds.

"He's got a 3.0, so he's solid in the classroom, and if he gets a 'D,' his mom takes away his cell phone," laughed Olds.

Lastly, Westbrook has genetics going for him as well. His mother said Jamire's second cousin is former Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5125272