Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #151
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
He left because UCLA offered him $4 million.
What is his buyout when they fire him?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #152
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
They should hire Pitino and make Nick Van Excel an understudy as an assistant.
Yes, yes....and yes
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #153
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
The more I think about it the more I like John Brennan, I’ll take my chances with him.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #154
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
The more I think about it the more I like John Brennan, I’ll take my chances with him.
The more I think l about it...if Pitino ain’t happening, Steve Forbes should be the guy.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:38 AM   #155
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I concur. The more I study and listen to him he just screams a slam dunk hire next to Pitino. He's got it all. I believe he will make us forget Cronin quick, fast, and in a hurry. He's got the "it" factor and is poised to break out in a big way it seems. I'm not worried about him recruiting, parents and kids see him in their living room they will light up. Complete opposite of Mick in every way. I want to play for him lol. And recruits will love his style of play/coaching and to be a part of that system. John Brannen is kinda like a John Beilein 2.0 to me the more I think about him...same demeanor, approach and style of play. If that is the case then boy are we in for a treat if we get him. People's thoughts on the comparison to Beilein?
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:59 AM   #156
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Would love to have Pitino, but if we can't pay little Napoleon, we won't be able to pay a HOF coach.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:49 AM   #157
coverley

coverley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Would love to have Pitino, but if we can't pay little Napoleon, we won't be able to pay a HOF coach.
Napoleon had a great offense. Find another short guy.
coverley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #158
dabeebs

dabeebs is on a distinguished road
Terry Nelson mentions Pitino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
According to Terry Nelson Rick Pitino has contacted Mike BOhn
I was listening to the radio when Terry said this. He immediately added that he assumed it was to recommend his son Richard for the job.
dabeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #159
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
I concur. The more I study and listen to him he just screams a slam dunk hire next to Pitino. He's got it all. I believe he will make us forget Cronin quick, fast, and in a hurry. He's got the "it" factor and is poised to break out in a big way it seems. I'm not worried about him recruiting, parents and kids see him in their living room they will light up. Complete opposite of Mick in every way. I want to play for him lol. And recruits will love his style of play/coaching and to be a part of that system. John Brannen is kinda like a John Beilein 2.0 to me the more I think about him...same demeanor, approach and style of play. If that is the case then boy are we in for a treat if we get him. People's thoughts on the comparison to Beilein?
All this based on what exactly?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #160
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Recruiting is done on sidelines, hallways and locker rooms of elite aau tournaments. You need a "FACE" at these games. This isn't the 80s living room recruiting at the same no more. Pitino walk in gym with two tall ex NBA players on his wing we instantly become top 10 destination
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote