Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #331
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
In terms of UCLA. I just hate most of the pac 12.. so I think it’s kinda awesome a guy like Mick comes into the league and is now competing for a regular season championship in year 1.

If it’s UC or UCLA, I’ll obviously pick UC but I do like an underdog story and like it or not, if Mick is successful at UCLA its a great underdog story.

I come from the gutter myself. I was raised in a poop ass poverty town called Dayton, KY. But one of the coolest things I learned about that Place was that John Wooden’s first coaching job was a my old high school in Dayton. Dude started from a tiny Single A school and rose to the top.

Mick’s A UC grad. He’s cincinnati through and through. So if he is successful at UCLA, it’s just another UC grad who went on to do big things.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:49 PM   #332
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m not sold we are.

Just glad to have 4 opportunities left.
Yeah, but you’ve said we weren’t after every loss. The bracket guys tend to be close. If they are telling me we are in the discussion still, I would say we are.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #333
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yeah, but you’ve said we weren’t after every loss. The bracket guys tend to be close. If they are telling me we are in the discussion still, I would say we are.
... we are in 48 of 96 brackets.

Not all brackets update Daily right ?
Old 02-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #334
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In terms of UCLA. I just hate most of the pac 12.. so I think it’s kinda awesome a guy like Mick comes into the league and is now competing for a regular season championship in year 1.

If it’s UC or UCLA, I’ll obviously pick UC but I do like an underdog story and like it or not, if Mick is successful at UCLA its a great underdog story.

I come from the gutter myself. I was raised in a poop ass poverty town called Dayton, KY. But one of the coolest things I learned about that Place was that John Wooden’s first coaching job was a my old high school in Dayton. Dude started from a tiny Single A school and rose to the top.

Mick’s A UC grad. He’s cincinnati through and through. So if he is successful at UCLA, it’s just another UC grad who went on to do big things.
I feel the same as you. I'd rather see UC go the the NCAA tournament obviously, but I'm rooting for UCLA as well.

It would be a great underdog story, a great in season turnaround story, a great success for a UC grad and former UC coach and of course would help prove me right that Cronin is a great coach.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:01 PM   #335
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
It's the type of matchup the NCAA would love, heck it might be enough to bump us/UCLA from first four out to last four in just to get the story line.

It would also piss Cronin off to no end, having to travel across the country to Dayton to play what would be essentially a home game for UC. We'd get to hear another Cronin rant.
Except that UCLA is playing great right now and seems to have figured out how to win big games on the road; UC, not so much. I would put my money on UCLA in that match-up.
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #336
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

I would have guessed zero with no chance. So that’s way more than I had.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #337
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Repost from the bracketology thread:

Bracketmatrix updated. We're still clinging to an at-large spot, included in 43 of 85 brackets updated since Thursday. Georgetown is right behind us with 35, Purdue with 30, and Miss St with 29.

Purdue and Miss St both lost today.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #338
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
Except that UCLA is playing great right now and seems to have figured out how to win big games on the road; UC, not so much. I would put my money on UCLA in that match-up.
Both teams could be playing completely different in 3 weeks. We’ve seen hot and cold mick teams lose in March so who knows. Jarron could be heathy by then. It’d be a great story regardless and if Jarron Keith, and Tre couldn’t get up for that game, they never will.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #339
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
I would have guessed zero with no chance. So that’s way more than I had.
So selection Sunday is today and you have a 1000 bucks to bet on if the Bearcats make it or not, leaving fandom aside, which do you choose?

I try to be a realist and borderline pessimist. I’d rather have low expectations and have them exceeded than the other way around.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #340
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Both teams could be playing completely different in 3 weeks. We’ve seen hot and cold mick teams lose in March so who knows. Jarron could be heathy by then. It’d be a great story regardless and if Jarron Keith, and Tre couldn’t get up for that game, they never will.

Lol Jarron might start dropping buckets in the UCLA basket

It was clear earlier in the season he missed mick a lot. At least according to his timeline on Instagram