Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
2Sense

2Sense is on a distinguished road
Why Justin Starts Instead of Cane

I have read this board off and on for a long time but never felt the need to post. However, this seems to be a hot topic without an answer to this point, so I wanted to share the real reason and add a bit of humor. Since this has been mentioned in multiple threads, I thought it deserved its own topic.

As a disclaimer, this is not meant to be a debate about who should start, but rather why Justin starts instead of Cane. Since Cronin is the one making that decision, this is really exploring why Cronin continues to make that decision, not what we think should happen.

Here are some possibilities, most of which have been mentioned in various threads. Read it as a Letterman top 10 list with the real reason as #1. I'm sure everyone can come up with more possibilities, but a top 10 list sounded fun.

10) He thinks Justin is better
9) He starts more experienced guys (Justin has more experience in the program, although same class)
8) He likes the change of pace / scoring off the bench
7) He thinks Justin gets us into our sets better at the beginning of a game
6) He is playing favorites, i.e. likes Justin dislikes Cane
5) He wants to get more out of Cane and is using starting/minutes as the carrot
4) Cane doesn't follow or isn't able to execute the scouting report
3) Initially one of the above, now he doesn't want to change what's working
2) He likes to create a controversy for people on message boards to debate and criticize him
Drumroll. And the number 1 reason why Cronin starts Justin over Cane is...

1). He is still mad that Cumberland had to share the conference sixth man of the year award with Emelogu last year and wants to make sure that someone from UC wins it outright this year!
2Sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Hahaha very good! This is hilarious.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Ok that was nice. He’s shooting for that Sixth Man Award.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Nice! I think it is #2. Cronin likes to mess with message board fans. Specifically this one. However, to be fair, I think he also secretly gets most of his new ideas from here as well...lol!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote