Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 31+ 7 26.92%
UC wins by 21-30 17 65.38%
UC wins by 1-20 1 3.85%
ECU wins 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #101
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I honestly am not worried about how well we start a game. Its a completely irrelevant stat for this team.

Once UC gets the lead, they keep it.

Playing from behind ignites and wakes this team up.

We've won 10 in a row including 2 Tier 1 road wins. I'm not changing anything until something breaks.

Right now, Canes punch off the bench is more than the defense can handle and its a second gear they dont have
I am not sure I follow the logic here. If UC keeps a lead once we get it...why would it not be important to get it early? We don't need to get down to "wake the team up" if we are always in the lead.

I get the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality...but at the same time we are not talking about a complete overhaul. Sometimes when a machine doesn't start right away there is a "choke" to get it going. Often times you just start out with the choke on knowing it's not going to start.

Our 3 toughest conference games have not been played yet. I don't think we can afford to spot points in those road games. We need the advantage from start to finish IMO. Our team has been tense and tight in a few games starting out on the road. Cane seems to loosen them up a bit. Cane is a confident player and we need players like that to take some pressure off. I don't really want to see something break first before making adjustments.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:38 AM   #102
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Did anyone mention T Moore coming in and getting after it on d then diving for the ball and hitting the floor a bunch of times bc he was so jacked up? I love it. That's what it's all about. It's awesome having a player like that as a FR. Similar to Broome bringing energy off the bench, Moore can do it to in a number of ways. Really excited about him and glad we have a personality like that on the team for years to come. Fan favorite. I can already see him getting the crowd in a frenzy in the new arena after plays like that in a couple years.
I love his energy and yes he is going to get the crowd going in the future! He does a pretty good job on D but he gets his hands in there on the ball a lot of times and creates a jump ball or just steals it outright. He doesn't mind getting on the floor. He's excitable!

I do fear teams have figured out Williams and Moore to a certain degree on offense. On Williams you just sag...and on Moore you guard him on the 3 point line. Neither player has the additional skills to keep a D honest right now. I hope they work on these things in the off season. They will need to.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #103
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Cane pushes faster than the defense can get back & set up.
He sees the flow better, hence his greater assist numbers.
He is back in fully from a year off competition & now coming into his own & melding with the team. He needs to play 25-28 minutes/game, I don’t care when they happen.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #104
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Cane pushes faster than the defense can get back & set up.
He sees the flow better, hence his greater assist numbers.
He is back in fully from a year off competition & now coming into his own & melding with the team. He needs to play 25-28 minutes/game, I don’t care when they happen.
it seems to be trending that way.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-22-2018 at 09:14 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #105
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I love his energy and yes he is going to get the crowd going in the future! He does a pretty good job on D but he gets his hands in there on the ball a lot of times and creates a jump ball or just steals it outright. He doesn't mind getting on the floor. He's excitable!

I do fear teams have figured out Williams and Moore to a certain degree on offense. On Williams you just sag...and on Moore you guard him on the 3 point line. Neither player has the additional skills to keep a D honest right now. I hope they work on these things in the off season. They will need to.
Moore has been driving A LOT lately.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #106
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Moore has been driving A LOT lately.
Yea teams have identified him as a shooter and he is getting no space to shoot. It’s good to see him attack.

Gonna be a fan favorite for years to come
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #107
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea teams have identified him as a shooter and he is getting no space to shoot. It’s good to see him attack.

Gonna be a fan favorite for years to come
Yes...as you mentioned he has been forced to drive because they aren't leaving him open at all. He has done okay with driving but looks a little awkward at times with it. He's managed to pickup a couple of fouls and even make 1 or 2.