Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 15+ 10 30.30%
UC wins by 10-14 13 39.39%
UC wins by 1-9 8 24.24%
Temple wins 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
That's actually a pretty short list: Justin, Jacob and Gary.
Washington and Scott were there.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Definitely would be nice to see UC get off to a better start early in the game and obviously keep the same 2nd half effort. Maybe Mick should try to mix something up. I would probably start with Broome starting and see if that helps. Against better teams, those slow starts are death.
Yeah Clark referenced the slow starts in his postgame interview on TV. Coach said we'd see a lot of different lineups this year...
Old 01-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #13
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Washington and Scott were there.
True, though they weren't on the active roster.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #14
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
True, though they weren't on the active roster.
Lol. I just meant they'll remember that happening.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
5 of Temple's 7 AAC games so far have been decided by 3 or less points. They're a very capable team that can give us fits at every position. Even their starting center who's scored 8 points over the past 5 games, scored 8 points against us at home.

I think we still win by double digits.

Cincy 72
Temple 59
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #16
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Definitely would be nice to see UC get off to a better start early in the game and obviously keep the same 2nd half effort. Maybe Mick should try to mix something up. I would probably start with Broome starting and see if that helps. Against better teams, those slow starts are death.

Mick commented after the game about the slow starts and he pretty much said every game its a different problem and if he knew how to fix it he already would have.

So I don't really see the starting lineup changing. I think he likes where its at.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #17
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
5 of Temple's 7 AAC games so far have been decided by 3 or less points. They're a very capable team that can give us fits at every position. Even their starting center who's scored 8 points over the past 5 games, scored 8 points against us at home.

I think we still win by double digits.

Cincy 72
Temple 59
Yea Mick mentioned Aflakpui always has his best game against us
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #18
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Mick commented after the game about the slow starts and he pretty much said every game its a different problem and if he knew how to fix it he already would have.

So I don't really see the starting lineup changing. I think he likes where its at.
As much as I like Clark, a lot of our slow starts can be partially put on his shoulders. I can recall a number of games where he gets the ball and does nothing with it and also where he misses some bunnies early. With that said, it comes down to Micks gameplan, so I agree the lineup isn't going to change. Mick wants to run the offense through Gary and Kyle and understandably so. Well, he likes to pull Kyle two minutes into a game half the time so we end up feeding Gary. He called Gary out in the South Florida game for getting the ball and waiting for the double team. And Gary responded beautifully. Vs. ECU, Gary missed some easy shots early and he pulled Kyle for something early. We end up settling for jump shots a lot early in games and that doesn't lead to quick points when no one is hot. The team needs to get into their rythym earlier. A lot of people say Cane is the one who jump starts things, but that isn't really typically the case. He got in two minutes into the game the other night and we looked no better. Same vs. South Florida, he came in around his usual time and we didn't really wake up till late in the first half. Whereas I'm as concerned as anyone about slow starts at least our defense is still there. In the past we might get down big. With this team we hang around with teams maybe longer than we should but we don't really get down big (the 10 points to South Florida withstanding and of course the Xavier game).
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

https://youtu.be/80bqdHpQnLE
Old 01-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #20
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
God I love Cronin. He is spitting some hard truth in this interview. Never satisfied.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote