Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Houston game?
UC wins by 16+ 8 18.60%
UC wins by 11-15 19 44.19%
UC wins by 7-10 12 27.91%
UC wins by 1-6 2 4.65%
Houston wins 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Houston poll voter...REVEAL YOURSELF!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:50 AM   #22
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Must. Expose. Him.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:51 AM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I am a little worried about Gary's ankle. I hope it's not serious. Ankle's can be annoying. We are going to be in the meat of our schedule and need him at full go.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #24
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Ha Trevon blueitt was averaging 2.5ppg through 2 games and then proceeded to drop 40 on us.

Gray has more weapons around him who can score, he did almost nothing tonight and they still won by 20
Their offense rates slightly worse this year than last, and they lost Dotson, who was a much better scoring threat than any of the supporting cast on this year's team. Offensively, they aren't really any better or any deeper offensively than they have been. Most of their strides have been made on the defensive end.

While they crushed a terrible South Florida team without any scoring from Gray, they also put up their season low in points. He remains their primary offensive engine
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #25
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Their offense rates slightly worse this year than last, and they lost Dotson, who was a much better scoring threat than any of the supporting cast on this year's team. Offensively, they aren't really any better or any deeper offensively than they have been. Most of their strides have been made on the defensive end.

While they crushed a terrible South Florida team without any scoring from Gray, they also put up their season low in points. He remains their primary offensive engine
Corey Davis jr, Armani brooks, Wes van beck are all elite shooters.

Devin Davis is scoring pretty well and Fabian White will one day lead Houston in scoring.

Sure the got better defensively, and I point that out. But with brooks, and Davis shooting so well, it makes up for just the loss of Dotson. They have a ton of new players so the drop in efficiency is expected but last year, you could just stop either Dotson or gray and you’d win.

They are deeper with scoring options IMO

And my main point was past performance means nothing.,
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #26
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think I know who it is. There is at least one poster who picks against us in almost ANY big game we have to play over the last 2 years. SMH.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #27
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Corey Davis jr, Armani brooks, Wes van beck are all elite shooters.

Devin Davis is scoring pretty well and Fabian White will one day lead Houston in scoring.

Sure the got better defensively, and I point that out. But with brooks, and Davis shooting so well, it makes up for just the loss of Dotson. They have a ton of new players so the drop in efficiency is expected but last year, you could just stop either Dotson or gray and you’d win.

They are deeper with scoring options IMO

And my main point was past performance means nothing.,
I think we play well against them Wed.
Mick can’t be thrilled with our performance Saturday and I think has the guys ready. Must keep our home court advantage.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #28
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
the houston roster has what we've struggled with in the past. a guard that can penetrate and 3 really good shooters that can stand in the corner when we help to stop the penetration.

If houston is hitting those shots is probably going to be a pretty good battle.

Davis and VanBeck are the only 2 that have shot the 3 well in conference. The other 2 Gray (28.9%) and Brooks (28.6%) have struggled with it once conference play started. They are shooting 33.7% from 3 as a team in conference but still 38.3% as a team for the season.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I think we play well against them Wed.
Mick can’t be thrilled with our performance Saturday and I think has the guys ready. Must keep our home court advantage.
We don't enjoy our typical home court advantage this year. If we win out this year I will be ecstatic. It's not like we are playing in Moody, Cintas, 5th 3rd, Cameron, etc.

If we can hold serve at home this year...it will be a HUGE accomplishment...playing away from our home arena. Last year was huge enough. When we played ECU I remember hearing Rothstein calling it the "Library" at half time because it was so quiet. That is ridiculous considering our achievements.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think I know who it is. There is at least one poster who picks against us in almost ANY big game we have to play over the last 2 years. SMH.
Probably someone who is silent when they're wrong, but when they finally end up being right they'll never shut up about it. That's why I wish they'd say it beforehand. So we can see their real record.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote