Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #501
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
TO's. Has nothing to do with settling for 3's. He has been careless with the ball and the offense had run better with JJ at the helm. I'm glad Broome stepped up his game today but not getting the start is not what beat us. Look at the stats of the game. The killed us on the glass and shot lights out. Washington and Clark were outscored by Kanter. We were out played in all aspects. Are you really trying to tell me the difference in the game was Broome not starting even though he got 10 more minutes in the game? Your making my head hurt with this logic.also please spare me the better start arguement. We were killed on the glass and they shot almost 50% from 3 ants had 30 FT's. Yea only if Broome would have started. LMBO!! Do you know when Broome came into the game?
I view settling for and missing too many threes as a turnover.
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:16 PM   #502
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
Listen, LYFBO all you want. Any knowledgeable basketball person on the planet can look at those two players and figure out which one should be the starter. I never said that starting him cost us the game, I did say that he got us off to a bad start. Mick's performance in big games like these speaks for itself. He definitely coaches way differently in these games, and that has been posted here many times. Keeping Washington on the bench for 26 minutes is like benching Johnny Bench in the 3rd inning for three straight passed balls and 2 strikeouts. Yes, he was sucking, but he can still get hot just like Cumberland and Evans did and we certainly needed his offense to get back in the game.....just like Johnny Bench could do with one swing of the bat. We were an uninspired and poorly prepared team today, and we know whose fault that is!
I see the problem you want to compare not playing Kyle Washington who scored 0 points nad had 1 board to the greatest catcher to ever play the game. I really think this conversation is over have a nice day.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #503
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We got beat plain and simple. No point in dwelling on it. Take it like a man. We have a lot of games to play. I have a lot of bad things to say about the game from both a player and coaching standpoint but I don't see the benefit. We can learn from it. If we don't learn from it this season...then we need to talk.

My biggest bright spot was not Broome. It was Evans being aggressive and keeping us "in the game". He looked really good as time was running out on us and I hope he remembers he can do that again.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #504
RDCat
Banned

Quote:
I see the problem you want to compare not playing Kyle Washington who scored 0 points nad had 1 board to the greatest catcher to ever play the game. I really think this conversation is over have a nice day.
He's a starter, a senior, a Co-Captain, and a leader on this team....as well as a wonderful person. Keeping him buried on the bench in a huge game has not a single thing to do with how good Johnny Bench was.

Take him out, give him his punishment, and get him back in there. The foul that got him removed for good was not on him. O'MEARA was falling backwards out of control and Washington stepped aside and O'Meara fell on his ass. And, for that, Mick benched him for the remainder of the game. That's a joke!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #505
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
He's a starter, a senior, a Co-Captain, and a leader on this team....as well as a wonderful person. Keeping him buried on the bench in a huge game has not a single thing to do with how good Johnny Bench was.

Take him out, give him his punishment, and get him back in there. The foul that got him removed for good was not on him. O'MEARA was falling backwards out of control and Washington stepped aside and O'Meara fell on his ass. And, for that, Mick benched him for the remainder of the game. That's a joke!
I love Kyle Washington but he was terrible today and his not playing was positive not negative. There bigs out played us. Kanter outscored Clark and Kyle combined. I didn't bring Johnny Bench up.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #506
RDCat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We got beat plain and simple. No point in dwelling on it. Take it like a man. We have a lot of games to play. I have a lot of bad things to say about the game from both a player and coaching standpoint but I don't see the benefit. We can learn from it. If we don't learn from it this season...then we need to talk.

My biggest bright spot was not Broome. It was Evans being aggressive and keeping us "in the game". He looked really good as time was running out on us and I hope he remembers he can do that again.
Where was he as we were going down 25 points? It's a lot easier to perform when we're out of the game than when a real player needs to step up in crunch time. Broome stepped up in crunch time. Too bad he had no help. Cumberland, who stunk on both ends of the floor in the 1st half was the next to step up, and then finally Evans when there was really no hope, or at least not much. Good for Evans, but I saw other bright spots before him.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #507
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:

RD this is also very telling to me in how bad our bigs played? T. Scott had a better game then Kyle by far. If your theory is because of his abilities he should be given a bit more rope I can see that to a point. But in all honesty Kyle was beyond bad today and if he is the type person I think he is I bet he would tell you he stunk today.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #508
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Where was he as we were going down 25 points? It's a lot easier to perform when we're out of the game than when a real player needs to step up in crunch time. Broome stepped up in crunch time. Too bad he had no help. Cumberland, who stunk on both ends of the floor in the 1st half was the next to step up, and then finally Evans when there was really no hope, or at least not much. Good for Evans, but I saw other bright spots before him.
Broome played well and got 27 minutes. Trevon Scott in my eyes had one of his best games. Really no one else played well when the game was winnable. JJ was 2-5 from the field with 4 dimes and 0 TO's. Hardly a bad performance.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #509
RDCat
Banned

Quote:
I love Kyle Washington but he was terrible today and his not playing was positive not negative. There bigs out played us. Kanter outscored Clark and Kyle combined. I didn't bring Johnny Bench up.
....and why did GARY escape much time on the bench for all his missed layups , 33% shooting, 50% free throws, etc.?

My true feeling is this. When you leave a player like Kyle Washington on the bench for that long, that is how the 11th ranked team can get down by 25 points. Unless he mouthed off to Mick, then that was just stupidity. Last year he had 12 pts. 8 rebounds and 4 assists, but of course you can't do that from the bench.

Last edited by RDCat; 12-02-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #510
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
....and why did GARY escape much time on the bench for all his missed layups , 33% shooting, 50% free throws, etc.?

My true feeling is this. When you leave a player like Kyle Washington on the bench for that long, that is how the 11th ranked team can get down by 25 points. Unless he mouthed off to Mick, then that was just stupidity. Last year he had 12 pts. 8 rebounds and 4 assists, but of course you can'y do that from the bench.
RD, Gary did not have one of his better games as well. We got down by 25 points in part because Kyle played badly. We were beaten on backdrop cuts at least 3 times to there bigs early in the game. Really this isn't the first time Kyle has been benched or taken out for poor play. I like Kyle but he has some serious holes in his game. He defends below average and he forces more shots then anyone on the team.