Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #51
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
Someone explain why I shouldn't be worried about this game. For some reason I think Texas/Nevada would be easier. Man, I just want to get to the S16.
Because we're a 2 seed for a reason and haven't lost a game like this all year.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #52
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Because we're a 2 seed for a reason and haven't lost a game like this all year.
Absolutely right!!!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #53
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
It's a perfect location, if anyone needs any recommendations on bars/food let me know. Have lived in Nashville for 5 years now.
I love this! Whenever we go to a town where the Bearcat faithful live someone jumps in to be the host tour guide! Or if there's a recruit in that part of the country, someone chimes in to give us some inside info. Love this!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #54
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupanther View Post
Hey guys, GSU fan here. I come in peace. Congrats on the big win today, glad to see y'all pull it out!
I don't know a ton about y'all, but I'll tell you about us.

We have the conference POY, D'Marcus Simonds. He's an excellent player, and can really take over a game. His weaknesses are consistent outside shooting, and keeping a positive attitude when we're down. He is an all around scorer, and rebounds well for a guard.
Surrounding him, we have Devin Mitchell. Very good shooter, can also put it on the floor.
Next, Malik Benlevi is a 3-and-D player who can get some rebounds. Jeff Thomas is another sharpshooter who is solid defensively. Isaiah and Kane Williams(no relation) are point guards that will both see some time, the majority going to Isaiah. He is another good shooter who can score in a variety of ways. Isaiah was huge for us in our conference tournament. Our guards and wings are by far our strength. We are very talented in that area. Our starting 5 guy will be Jordan Session. He is undersized for a center, but he is athletic. He can shoot it, but his range is mid-range. Decent rebounder and defender, but streaky. He is usually the X-factor; if he plays well we win, and vice-versa. Backing him up is Jordan Tyson, who is more of a prototypical center. He seems a little bit raw to me. Not great on offense, but pretty good defensively, and hustles. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm not happy with our 15 seed; I felt we were deserving of a 14 or 13, and most other Panthers probably feel the same. With that said, we are excited to play y'all! It will be a challenge, but we'll be up to it!
I like this! Classy
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #55
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
Someone explain why I shouldn't be worried about this game. For some reason I think Texas/Nevada would be easier. Man, I just want to get to the S16.
We should be worried about any game. Respect your opponent, especially in a 1 game sample size where wonky things happen, especially if you let teams hang around.

That said, I've watched two of their games so far, and while they do have a lot of shooters, imo they are not a team that whips the ball around with crisp passes mixed with drive and kicks to find open shooters. Per synergy, their most efficient half court offense came from the PnR ball handler which I'd assume is mostly #15. Unless they get Cane/Jenifer stuck on him, I really just don't think he's capable of getting into the paint on our defense and creating efficient looks. He also looked to kinda just physically overwhelm guys on his drives. I don't think that is going to fly vs us.

They also somehow had a very good defense at the rim according to fg%, but they really only have 1 true big. And I don't think he ever had to face guys like Gary or Kyle throughout the year.

Whenever Gary and Kyle are on the court together, one of them should have a field day on the offensive glass. Both of them are 3+ inches taller and almost 30 lbs heavier than their 4 man.

They're outside the top 100 on kenpom in offense and defense despite being 96 overall. We're a pretty nice sized favorite, oddsmakers like our chances, virtually every computer rating and advanced metric have us as one of the top 7-8 teams that are title contenders. Yes title contender, not just F4 (even idk about that but that's the consensus)

Oh yeah... And umm... Well... we're also really f***ing good too, so there's that :-)
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:34 PM   #56
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Any one looked at the box scores from Georgia State guard D'Marcus Simonds?

Holy crap, what a score

Has scored 20+ 19 times or so

And has put us as many as 39 points.

Not a great 3 point shooter but can really draw fouls and get in the lane. Will be a tough matchup for even Jacob Evans.

But UC gonna advance. Gary Clark won't have it any other way.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #57
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
If they run pick and roll with a small lineup, our ability to switch bigs onto guards should negate much of what they're used to doing.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #58
justinhub2003
Epic Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...er_on_georgia/
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #59
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Man, this guy is trying to say whatever he can to hype his team up. No doubt your the underdog, your the 15 seed. But to even imply the FBI probe in the same breathe as our school is just plane funny. Then he starts talking like were this pampered team, really hope our players see this, and it gives them that much fire. Thanks Ron for prodding the bear.while this is a good solid team,were better. Better let your team know how hard we play and that you have not even come close to playing a team as physical as us. Good luck Georgia state, your really really going to need a lot of it.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #60
justinhub2003
Epic Member

LOL Ron Hunter said his team was the best defensive team in the country.