Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #11
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
You’re right.

I mean who wants to lose games in the ncaa tourney when we can win the CBI ?

At least we can hang a banner
I need more memories like the Nevada collapse, or maybe Jarron not knowing how much time is left in the game. This is what makes Cincinnati basketball so great. The first round exits, and watching the once big brother being overshadowed by the little brother. Thanks Chris Mack.
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:26 PM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadri's #1 fan View Post
I need more memories like the Nevada collapse, or maybe Jarron not knowing how much time is left in the game. This is what makes Cincinnati basketball so great. The first round exits, and watching the once big brother being overshadowed by the little brother. Thanks Chris Mack.

Thankfully we have a savior.

All along I thought it was JC who was gonna save us, but now I know it’s JB instead.

Huggins last 9 years at UC he was 3-6 vs Xavier
Mick was 4-4 in his last 8 games (he didn’t coach the home loss)
And now JB is starting the tradition off right with an 0-1 start

If we ever want our little brother to go back to being our little brother again then let’s first start by out recruiting them. That’s something Mick couldn’t do and something CJB and his very new to the high level recruiting game staff is probably going to fail at as well.

We better hope Steele is a trash coach, or we will remain little brother forever because they are in a better league, they get better players and their school values basketball over everything else.

I hope JB is the guy. Because if he isn’t, we aren’t as highly thought of nationally, as we think we are. One bad hire could set us back years.

I’d rather not be looking for a new coach in 3 years. Because we all saw in the last search that no one is jumping out of their socks to come coach at UC. We either are a candidate for a under the radar up & coming with a short resume, or a retread like frank martin who is trash.

Let’s just win the next two games, give the fans something to cheer about and the players something to believe in: because right now, no one has much to believe in, including CJB himself.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
2020 CBI championship... Cincinnati Bearcats vs UCLA... UCLA is up 1 with 4seconds left, Jarron takes the inbound and just chucks the ball out of bounds solidifying UCLA's first ever CBI championship, the crowd goes wild, Jarron and Mick hug at mid court
At 169 UCLA will be lucky to make the CBI.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thankfully we have a savior.

All along I thought it was JC who was gonna save us, but now I know it’s JB instead.

Huggins last 9 years at UC he was 3-6 vs Xavier
Mick was 4-4 in his last 8 games (he didn’t coach the home loss)
And now JB is starting the tradition off right with an 0-1 start

If we ever want our little brother to go back to being our little brother again then let’s first start by out recruiting them. That’s something Mick couldn’t do and something CJB and his very new to the high level recruiting game staff is probably going to fail at as well.

We better hope Steele is a trash coach, or we will remain little brother forever because they are in a better league, they get better players and their school values basketball over everything else.

I hope JB is the guy. Because if he isn’t, we aren’t as highly thought of nationally, as we think we are. One bad hire could set us back years.

I’d rather not be looking for a new coach in 3 years. Because we all saw in the last search that no one is jumping out of their socks to come coach at UC. We either are a candidate for a under the radar up & coming with a short resume, or a retread like frank martin who is trash.

Let’s just win the next two games, give the fans something to cheer about and the players something to believe in: because right now, no one has much to believe in, including CJB himself.
One thing I know we can count on in Cincinnati is annoying fans that are fixated on Xavier and old coaches.

tired. Stale. lame. dissapointing
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #15
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
One thing I know we can count on in Cincinnati is annoying fans that are fixated on Xavier and old coaches.

tired. Stale. lame. dissapointing
I. Didn’t. Bring. Up. It. Up. First.

But actually both of those topics are 100% percent relevant. Xavier is a local team who also just got a new coach. Theyre our main rival on the court and for mindshare.

And mick was a hotly debated topic on this thread for years. Since CJB replaced him much to the joy of lot of fans, then it’s absolutely relevant to the conversation.

I mean people couldn’t shut up about Huggins for years and years into micks tenure.

But that doesn’t change my original point... I. Didn’t. Bring . Mick. Or. UCLA. Or. Xavier. Up. First. Someone. Else. Did. I. Just. Responded. Your. Blame. Is. Misdirected.

Lame. Disappointing. Stale. I’m. tired. of. adding. periods. after. Every. Word.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 12-16-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #16
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
2020 CBI championship... Cincinnati Bearcats vs UCLA... UCLA is up 1 with 4seconds left, Jarron takes the inbound and just chucks the ball out of bounds solidifying UCLA's first ever CBI championship, the crowd goes wild, Jarron and Mick hug at mid court
This sounds like Justin’s wet dream
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:07 PM   #17
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
This sounds like Justin’s wet dream
Seems like I’m yours

I’m married bro back off
Old 12-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
So Long BearcatTalk - It's Been Real

I'm not sure if anyone cares to read this, and I apologize in advance if it seems a bit off-topic or comes across as self-important. So if the response is basically "cool story, bro" then I get it. But I just wanted to share it nonetheless.

I don't, and haven't, posted here all that often. I used to be very active in the old Bearcatnews heydey. I transitioned over to here and become much more of a lurker.

I've always enjoyed reading the discussion and debate. More than anything else I found the board to be incredibly informative. Getting on here was a pretty regular thing, especially on, or after a gameday.

All that said, any enjoyment had from this site is no longer. And unfortunately that is due to the actions of a few. The threads have been unreadable, dominated by a few posters with a clear agenda. Clear to anyone with half a brain, both prior to the season and well before the recent rough stretch.

I completely understand differing opinions and am not so naive to expect complete agreement and support. Spending a lot of time on various boards I'm used to axes to grind, hurt feelings, and your occassional troll. Tis par for the course. None of that bothers me.

What does bother is this case is the completed dominating of threads and the board as a whole. Right or wrong, in a agreement or not, when a few posters take over a thread, or the forum as a whole, it simply becomes unreadable.

And the worst of it all is a collection on just a few thoughts is managed to be made dozens of times over. Over and over and over... These are not allwell informed NEW takes or counter-arguments theyre just how many ways you can say the same thing if different ways.

I'll wrap it up here shortly, I'm hope this doesn't read as dramatic as I think it may. And like I said, I don't post enough to be missed. This is not that.

I just wanted to say "thanks a lot" (sarcasm) to the select few, and maybe just one, who ruined this board for me. Close to two decades of perusing the Bearcats boards and this was the one left standing for me to get my fix. I guess no longer.

So again, thanks for chasing another away. Thanks for polluting the board so much that I can't even get through a game thread anymore. I hope you really enjoy ruining the experience for guys like me.

For everyone else, always enjoyed your thoughts. Go Bearcats!

Last edited by MDW79; 12-16-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Fixed
MDW79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #19
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
Cool story, bro.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:57 PM   #20
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I. Didn’t. Bring. Up. It. Up. First.

But actually both of those topics are 100% percent relevant. Xavier is a local team who also just got a new coach. Theyre our main rival on the court and for mindshare.

And mick was a hotly debated topic on this thread for years. Since CJB replaced him much to the joy of lot of fans, then it’s absolutely relevant to the conversation.

I mean people couldn’t shut up about Huggins for years and years into micks tenure.

But that doesn’t change my original point... I. Didn’t. Bring . Mick. Or. UCLA. Or. Xavier. Up. First. Someone. Else. Did. I. Just. Responded. Your. Blame. Is. Misdirected.

Lame. Disappointing. Stale. I’m. tired. of. adding. periods. after. Every. Word.
Your excuse for derailing most threads is because you didn’t start it? This isn’t middle school. If you weren’t interested you would not get baited in EVERY SINGLE TIME !

If Xavier or Cronin is mentioned you can bet we will see 10 or more posts from you. Even though you don’t really care about that stuff...lmao and get a grip on your own reality

We are going to have to start monitoring derailment of threads myself included
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote