Old 11-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Arkansas-Pine Bluff (2-4)
Tuesday, November 27th
7:00 PM Fox Sports OH/ESPN 3

Lets get in the 80s tomorrow night and pad the stat sheet.

Hearing that Cumberland might be out.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I was taking a quick peak at the schedule, and I gotta say it sets up nicely for what our team is. These numbers are from barttorvik (like kenpom only a free site with equations a bit different). We only play 2 teams the rest of the way with a defense in the top 70, Mississippi St. and UCF.

2 others looked like they could potentially give our offense trouble and thats UNLV and Temple. UNLV is 23rd in the country at defending 2 point shots, and Temple is 9th in the country at preventing offensive rebounds.

With us being able to patchwork the offense and get some production from the bigs, i think our season can set up nicely for us. I was pretty concerned about our offense against solid defenses, but if we don't really play any then it won't be a problem.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I was taking a quick peak at the schedule, and I gotta say it sets up nicely for what our team is. These numbers are from barttorvik (like kenpom only a free site with equations a bit different). We only play 2 teams the rest of the way with a defense in the top 70, Mississippi St. and UCF.

2 others looked like they could potentially give our offense trouble and thats UNLV and Temple. UNLV is 23rd in the country at defending 2 point shots, and Temple is 9th in the country at preventing offensive rebounds.

With us being able to patchwork the offense and get some production from the bigs, i think our season can set up nicely for us. I was pretty concerned about our offense against solid defenses, but if we don't really play any then it won't be a problem.
I think this is the most positive thing you’ve ever said... what’s the catch
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I think this is the most positive thing you’ve ever said... what’s the catch
far from it. my posting history here is more than just the past 12 months. but i was dead on all last year unfortunately
Old 11-26-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Arkansas-Pine Bluff (2-4)
Tuesday, November 27th
7:00 PM Fox Sports OH/ESPN 3

Lets get in the 80s tomorrow night and pad the stat sheet.

Hearing that Cumberland might be out.
Hope we can keep building the confidence of Fredericks and get Johnson back on track. Get Diara out there as well as Ellie. Would be a great game for Moore to knock the cobwebs loose.

I think Brooks, Scott, Williams, Broome, Cumberland, Jenifer probably don't need this game as much as the others. Get up 20 points early and get these guys back on the bench for the subs.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #6
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Just want to keep building the momentum. Stay healthy. Guys have been playing hard. Coach mentioned in the post game that this team is starting to resemble the team defense played by last years team. If we get to that point while losing Evans and Clark that would be quite the accomplishment. It's still my opinion that if we do not play great defense we will not make the tourney.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Hope we can keep building the confidence of Fredericks and get Johnson back on track. Get Diara out there as well as Ellie. Would be a great game for Moore to knock the cobwebs loose.

I think Brooks, Scott, Williams, Broome, Cumberland, Jenifer probably don't need this game as much as the others. Get up 20 points early and get these guys back on the bench for the subs.

I would love it if fredericks never shot another 3. fredericks is shooting 80% from 2. it's ok to not be a good 3 point shooter. we let rubles fire off 43 of them his jr year, he only took 3 as a sr.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #8
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I would love it if fredericks never shot another 3. fredericks is shooting 80% from 2. it's ok to not be a good 3 point shooter. we let rubles fire off 43 of them his jr year, he only took 3 as a sr.
Fredericks shot is not going in but his form doesn't look bad. I
Really think he has a much better chance of making a few then I ever felt about Rubles.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:14 PM   #9
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Fredericks shot is not going in but his form doesn't look bad. I
Really think he has a much better chance of making a few then I ever felt about Rubles.
funny thing about fredericks is he shot 44.2% on his first 120 3's in juco.

then shot 31% on his next 190 attempts.

i dont know if the mechanics of his shot changed or maybe he grew or something, but something went haywire and it hasn't been corrected. i remember thinking his form looks off but i can't remember what it looks like off the top of my head, i want to say i think he brings the ball too far back behind his head.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:16 PM   #10
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
funny thing about fredericks is he shot 44.2% on his first 120 3's in juco.

then shot 31% on his next 190 attempts.

i dont know if the mechanics of his shot changed or maybe he grew or something, but something went haywire and it hasn't been corrected. i remember thinking his form looks off but i can't remember what it looks like off the top of my head, i want to say i think he brings the ball too far back behind his head.
It would certainly help if he could get it figured out. I would settle for the mid point between 44 and 31.