Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 AM   #71
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Time to see what we are made of. Big part of the OOC schedule coming up. Hope our play keeps trending up. These next few games are resume builders. I am hoping for at least 3 W's in our next 5 games. Anything above that will be gravey. I had us 7-0 heading into this stretch. This should be a good gauge measuring how far we have come since the OSU game.

As for the game last night the Team did what they should have done. We were a bit sloppy early but are full court pressure was way to much for them to handle. Cumberland and JJ hit early 3's which offset a few early turn overs. We got some run for players that didn't get a lot to this point and we came out healthy.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:00 AM   #72
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

I also thought it worth repeating what Dan H. mentioned last night, that in 16 minutes of action Justin Jenifer was +42. That is really getting it done. He also hit the 3 with the score tied at 41 against Ole Miss. which was a huge Mo shift. Kid gets a lot of attention for what he doesn't do but not a lot for what he does do. He is having a very nice start to the season. His effectiveness allows Coach to use Cane in multiple roles. Cane has responded with his best basketball.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 11-28-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #73
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I also thought it worth repeating what Dan H. mentioned last night, that in 16 minutes of action Justin Jenifer was +42. That is really getting it done. He also hit the 3 with the score tied at 41 against Ole Miss. which was a huge Mo shift. Kid gets a lot of attention for what he doesn't do but not a lot for what he does do. He is having a very nice start to the season. His effectiveness allows Coach to use Cane in multiple roles. Cane has responded with his best basketball.
Jenifer is 3rd in the country in assist to TO ratio. Last year finished 8th. If there is one thing he does extremely well it is ball security. Cronin eats that stuff up. Effort is there as well. You gotta hand it to Jenifer for getting on the court by doing what the coach is asking.

I just wish we could have an even balance between ball security and pushing the envelop a little bit more.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #74
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Jenifer is 3rd in the country in assist to TO ratio. Last year finished 8th. If there is one thing he does extremely well it is ball security. Cronin eats that stuff up. Effort is there as well. You gotta hand it to Jenifer for getting on the court by doing what the coach is asking.

I just wish we could have an even balance between ball security and pushing the envelop a little bit more.
I think you will see him provide a bit more offense this year. Last year we didn't need him to score. This year he seems a little more aggressive in looking for his shot.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #75
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I wasn't sure if we would see a game in the 90's this year let alone 100's. If you told me Cumberland and Broome combined for 19 points and no individual scored more than 12 I would have said we didn't even break 80. I know they were awful but...this is clearly not the same team/players that played NC Central.

Pretty nice we didn't have an effort related let down after the holiday tourney. The confidence is building at the right time and we get to play a couple of quality games we should win before the big 3 game stretch. Then we have SC ST and the beginning of conference play couldn't get much easier. We may not lose in conference until Feb. Our tourney hopes/seed will probably be decided by the last 8 games of conference and the upcoming stretch of X, Miss St, UCLA.

Several players got a nice shot of confidence just in time. You could see Moore's confidence building by doing other things besides making shots. 4 assists and 3 steals. You could also see the relief when he finally got that 3 to fall. That one shot could completely change his season. He played the 3rd most minutes in what I think Cronin saw as a "get right game" for Trevor.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote