Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #31
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
At less they’re hitting the rim. Baby steps
Trevor needs to keep shooting...

Watch him in pre game. He makes everything. All confidence.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:54 AM   #32
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Cronin blew it. He should have used this pre-conference schedule to develop LoJo even if it meant taking losses. Jennifer is not the answer. He folded against Mississippi State and will continue to do so against high major competition. Meanwhile LoJo is a transfer candidate. This game shows the team has not developed at all this season. The starters let one of our weakest opponents claw their way back to within striking distance and had they been a decent team they would have won.

Last edited by Uclawrugby; 12-23-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:33 AM   #33
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Cronin blew it. He should have used this pre-conference schedule to develop LoJo even if it meant taking losses. Jennifer is not the answer. He folded against Mississippi State and will continue to do so against high major competition. Meanwhile LoJo is a transfer candidate. This game shows the team has not developed at all this season. The starters let one of our weakest opponents claw their way back to within striking distance and had they been a decent team they would have won.
this take is flaming hot garbage. take losses to develop players? no. a freshman getting some minutes who acts like a big team guy on the bench, knew he was coming in behind two small senior guards and has the whole gig wide open for himself next year is a transfer candidate? right. everyone is a transfer candidate in that case. this team hasn't developed at all this season? guess you didn't see the game on wednesday night.

foh with that nonsense.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:09 AM   #34
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL!!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:11 AM   #35
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
this take is flaming hot garbage. take losses to develop players? no. a freshman getting some minutes who acts like a big team guy on the bench, knew he was coming in behind two small senior guards and has the whole gig wide open for himself next year is a transfer candidate? right. everyone is a transfer candidate in that case. this team hasn't developed at all this season? guess you didn't see the game on wednesday night.

foh with that nonsense.
he has made 5 post since he has been a member and I feel less intelligent for having read any of them. I'm sure if the mod's checked he would be someone who has previously been banned.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #36
Profchaos102

Profchaos102 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this a joke, or do you just know nothing and hate Jenifer? Jennifer has been arguably our most important player. For real. Doesn’t turn the ball over. Averages nearly 4 and a 1/2 assists a game and shooting just under 45% from 3 a game. And LoJo is not a transfer candidate. He’s our starting PG next season. I think any incoming freshman will know that he won’t play much coming in behind two senior players at that position. He will get his share of playing time this season.
Profchaos102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #37
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
he has made 5 post since he has been a member and I feel less intelligent for having read any of them. I'm sure if the mod's checked he would be someone who has previously been banned.
I fully expected to be slammed for my opinion. Hopefully the poster who suggested there is a wide open space for LoJo next year is correct. at least that was a substantive response unlike this. I still don’t see why you hold him back this year unless Cronin is worried about him bolting to the NBA too soon. Sorry to tell you but this team was completely dominated by Mississippi State and was barely any better against Ohio State. At best it is will be another 2d round and out with the current starters. I can live with that but it is getting a bit monotonous.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #38
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I fully expected to be slammed for my opinion. Hopefully the poster who suggested there is a wide open space for LoJo next year is correct. at least that was a substantive response unlike this. I still don’t see why you hold him back this year unless Cronin is worried about him bolting to the NBA too soon. Sorry to tell you but this team was completely dominated by Mississippi State and was barely any better against Ohio State. At best it is will be another 2d round and out with the current starters. I can live with that but it is getting a bit monotonous.
Because you post is meant to incite not to inform or spark intelligent conversation. Every point you made in the above post was beyond wrong. Sorry if that is a bit harsh.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #39
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The Mississippi State loss was one of the most 'I'm okay with this' I've had as a fan in years. This team was expected to be a bubble team and went to a top 20 opponents gym and didn't play their best, while they made tons of shots and were in the game until the closing minutes. It was a WAY better outing than the OSU loss.

If we were "completely dominated" by Mississippi State when we the score 58-52 with 5 minutes to go, what in the world do you refer the UC/UCLA game of 81-54 with 5 to go as?
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #40
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
While there is a lot wrong with that post. I’m surprised that any Bearcat fan would be happy with Micks use of Logan so far. I really thought this was the game he’d finally stop being such an idiot with high potential freshman, but he doubled down. Johnson had 7 rebounds in the first half for the love of all things holy and then barely played in the second half. Seemed like instead of using the minutes for guys like Johnson, mick was punishing the starters for their lack of effort by making them keep playing.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote