Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-20-2019, 06:36 AM   #591
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Tulsa had a chance to win at UCF on the final possession but couldn't get a shot off.

SMU got blown out at Memphis with Jarrey Foster out with an injury.

UConn beat Tulane decisively at home and Houston beat USF comfortably on the road.

Biggest takeaway for me is that UCF is trending towards Pretender territory after looking a Contender for most of the season so far.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:01 AM   #592
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Tulsa had a chance to win at UCF on the final possession but couldn't get a shot off.

SMU got blown out at Memphis with Jarrey Foster out with an injury.

UConn beat Tulane decisively at home and Houston beat USF comfortably on the road.

Biggest takeaway for me is that UCF is trending towards Pretender territory after looking a Contender for most of the season so far.
Houston is the real deal. Memphis is gonna be tough
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #593
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Wichita state scored 41 points tonight
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #594
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Wichita state scored 41 points tonight
Our defense is so good, they're still confused and tired....
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #595
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Looking at Houston and our schedule. We have no easy road games left and they still play ECU and Tulane on the road.

It's going to be very difficult for us to win the conference because of that. I think we will have to win out at home and then go 3-2 with the rest of our road games to have a shot. I don't see them losing more than 3 at this point. Outside chance at 4 I guess.

I will still be very happy with 4 conference losses. With the games we have coming up I think 7-3 would be very solid and give us a solid seed.

I am not being pessimistic. We have only had 2 comfortable wins in conference with the easiest schedule. 2 OT games. It's hard to pull those out every time so we will need more breathing room to avoid the luck factor. We gotta show up early and get off to good starts and keep the pedal down. The Temple win was huge...but it's not getting easier. We can't keep playing from behind on the road.

Last edited by waterhead; 01-28-2019 at 11:34 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #596
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Looking at Houston and our schedule. We have no easy road games left and they still play ECU and Tulane on the road.

It's going to be very difficult for us to win the conference because of that. I think we will have to win out at home and then go 3-2 with the rest of our road games to have a shot. I don't see them losing more than 3 at this point. Outside chance at 4 I guess.

I will still be very happy with 4 conference losses. With the games we have coming up I think 7-3 would be very solid and give us a solid seed.

I am not being pessimistic. We have only had 2 comfortable wins in conference with the easiest schedule. 2 OT games. It's hard to pull those out every time so we will need more breathing room to avoid the luck factor. We gotta show up early and get off to good starts and keep the pedal down. The Temple win was huge...but it's not getting easier. We can't keep playing from behind on the road.
Winning the league is going to be really hard. Beating Houston once is going to be hard enough. Winning at UCF is going to be hard also. Memphis and UConn aren’t terrible either. I don’t think we can lose more than 2 more league games.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:50 PM   #597
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Jalen Adams of UConn is out for 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain.

This means he's definitely out for our return game on 2/24 but could possibly return for the AAC tournament mid-March.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:37 PM   #598
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Some early offseason news...

SMU's Jimmy Whitt will test the NBA draft waters

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...lare-nba-draft

ECU set for major attrition as 5 players enter transfer portal

https://247sports.com/college/east-c...ade-130462885/
Old 04-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #599
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Tulane loses their top 2 scorers from this past season: Caleb Daniels (transfer) and Samir Sehic (turning pro, not returning).
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #600
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
DaQuan Jeffries of Tulsa won the slam dunk contest.

Corey Davis and BJ Taylor participated in the 3pt contest.

Last edited by sedziobs; 04-05-2019 at 08:45 AM.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote