Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #161
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Per Dermarr Johnson, everyone is at practice and his quote "Just left UC practice, I like what I see". Good sign.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #162
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I hope Brannen can keep this team together and bring in Curtis. Looking forward to the year. The team knows how to play hard, play defense, and rebound (thanks Mick). If Brannen can make things on the offensive side of the ball easier...and more fun...this could be a special group.

I mean, a senior Cumberland is enough on his own for excitement. Renewed passion of Scott and brooks? With offensive improvement? Yes please!!! LoJo on the court? Getting after it on D, on the boards and improving playmaking and shooting? Yes please. Keith Williams with more movement on offense and pushing the ball? Yes please.
I think we hold enough of the roster together. It call comes down to Cumberland and if he comes back or goes pro. I would assume he's going to look into it so this whole thing could play out longer than we want.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:25 PM   #163
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think we hold enough of the roster together. It call comes down to Cumberland and if he comes back or goes pro. I would assume he's going to look into it so this whole thing could play out longer than we want.
I assume you're talking about Cumberland playing overseas. He's unlikely to be drafted by the NBA.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #164
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
I assume you're talking about Cumberland playing overseas. He's unlikely to be drafted by the NBA.
If Cumberland comes back and replicates the numbers he had last year, he would end up being the 3rd player in school history to score 2K points, possible AA and would be a legend. Hope he stays, nothing indicates one way or the other right now
Old 04-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #165
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Hearing we go shoot more 3pt shots and baskets at rim than ever before. A lot of motion and dribble drive offense being practiced.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #166
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Hearing we go shoot more 3pt shots and baskets at rim than ever before. A lot of motion and dribble drive offense being practiced.
Sounds like a good plan really.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:22 PM   #167
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yah...just pro
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:27 PM   #168
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Sounds like a good plan really.
Need more shooters on wings. Hope Moore finally just relax and play be basketball, he realistically could some what key player next year. Team also been practicing ball handling hard with coach leading drills. That should help everyone on team in major way also. I thought weak ball handling cost us past 2 tournaments
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:14 AM   #169
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Brooks posted a video of him in the beacats gym on his insta story so that’s a good sign
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #170
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cumberland should investigate it, but the NBA will let him now his likely draft position. His inability to finish at the rim is a killer. He and Jenifer were essentially the same when it came to scoring at the basket, both in percentage of shots taken and FG%. One of the toughest adjustments in the NBA is finishing inside, because of the size and skill level of the defenders. If you are bad at in college, NBA teams are not going to look at you unless you are terrific at other things.

It's not impossible that he could forge an NBA career - he is strong, a good passer, and a pretty good 3 point shooter, but late 2nd round would be the best case scenario right now, and I have doubts he would get that.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote