Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #691
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
If Bohn and the board wanted to keep the team and recruits together he would have hired Savino similar to what X did, and they had nobody transfer out. People would have complained about that.

When Samari fell into micks lap like many others ie. Brooks who had ZERO other offers, Curtis' best offers were MAC schools. UC should be able to recruit better than that. He has decommited twice, albeit to coaching changes but there are rumors that he has an "attitude problem" and would not be surprised to see him transfer again down the road.

Not sure what you mean by nationally relevant, I think UC is seeing now how relevant they are and how relevant Mick got them. If nationally relevant means finishing the year in the top 25-40 and first round exit, then I agree with Bohn, UC can do much better. Mick must have agreed as well as he was willing to put his alma mater/recruiting in limbo waiting for another job offer.
Your info is wrong. Brooks had other offers

He just recruited himself to cincy.

And I’ll stop debating you if you don’t think mick made relevant again.

Remember it’s fans like you who are setting the bar incrediblely high for Brannen.

I hope he lives up to your expectations
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #692
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Your info is wrong. Brooks had other offers

He just recruited himself to cincy.

And I’ll stop debating you if you don’t think mick made relevant again.

Remember it’s fans like you who are setting the bar incrediblely high for Brannen.

I hope he lives up to your expectations
Well guess rivals information is wrong then.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...er-brooks-5095

6-11 in 13 years of coaching in the NCAAT play is not setting the bar high.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #693
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Bohn and the board wanted to keep the team and recruits together he would have hired Savino similar to what X did, and they had nobody transfer out. People would have complained about that.

When Samari fell into micks lap like many others ie. Brooks who had ZERO other offers, Curtis' best offers were MAC schools. UC should be able to recruit better than that. He has decommited twice, albeit to coaching changes but there are rumors that he has an "attitude problem" and would not be surprised to see him transfer again down the road.

Not sure what you mean by nationally relevant, I think UC is seeing now how relevant they are and how relevant Mick got them. If nationally relevant means finishing the year in the top 25-40 and first round exit, then I agree with Bohn, UC can do much better. Mick must have agreed as well as he was willing to put his alma mater/recruiting in limbo waiting for another job offer.
Let's break down everything you've said that was wrong. The idea that recruits "fall into" anyones laps is ridiculous. I know the thing is to not give Mick any credit for recruiting, but your pushing the limits of insanity if you don't give him credit for guys he actually got. Brooks had offers from St. Johns, Seton Hall and South Carolina.

Curtis decommitted from Xavier and now your saying his best offer was from a MAC school? Okay... Oh and he was ranked 150 nationally, only three AAC schools have a higher ranked recruit (and Wichita State's one better recruit is from Wichita). Even if we can do better (debatable that we can do much better consistently) he was still an excellent recruit and would have been the 5th highest rated recruit Mick has gotten since 2010.

Finishing top 25-40, yeah. We can check that, no surprise that UC finished in the top 25 each of the last three years, that's pretty nationally relevant. And while Mick didn't go far in the NCAA tournament, we've only had a first round exit 4 of the last 9 years.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #694
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Well guess rivals information is wrong then.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...er-brooks-5095

6-11 in 13 years of coaching in the NCAAT play is not setting the bar high.
Seton Hall, St Johns & South Carolina All offered brooks.

Brannen is 0-2 in the NCAA tourney.

If he misses the tourney 2 years in a row, I want him gone and let the new Coaching search to begin. we can't afford to miss 2 tourneys in a row in a brand new arena.

So in my opinion JB has 2 seasons to work some before a fan base with extremely high expectations starts calling for his head.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #695
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Let's break down everything you've said that was wrong. The idea that recruits "fall into" anyones laps is ridiculous. I know the thing is to not give Mick any credit for recruiting, but your pushing the limits of insanity if you don't give him credit for guys he actually got. Brooks had offers from St. Johns, Seton Hall and South Carolina.

Curtis decommitted from Xavier and now your saying his best offer was from a MAC school? Okay... Oh and he was ranked 150 nationally, only three AAC schools have a higher ranked recruit (and Wichita State's one better recruit is from Wichita). Even if we can do better (debatable that we can do much better consistently) he was still an excellent recruit and would have been the 5th highest rated recruit Mick has gotten since 2010.

Finishing top 25-40, yeah. We can check that, no surprise that UC finished in the top 25 each of the last three years, that's pretty nationally relevant. And while Mick didn't go far in the NCAA tournament, we've only had a first round exit 4 of the last 9 years.
Add in that Curtis Crippled his own recruitment by wanting to stay in Ohio. He was not talking to schools that weren't in Ohio. It was down to OSU, Xavier and UC.

His loss will be felt down the line. He is ranked 114 in the new 247 rankings. And we dont have single player signed for 2019.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #696
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Add in that Curtis Crippled his own recruitment by wanting to stay in Ohio. He was not talking to schools that weren't in Ohio. It was down to OSU, Xavier and UC.

His loss will be felt down the line. He is ranked 114 in the new 247 rankings. And we dont have single player signed for 2019.
So - coaching changes have made a kid that only wanted to play in Ohio leave Ohio? I mean he’s going to Va Tech right?
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #697
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
So - coaching changes have made a kid that only wanted to play in Ohio leave Ohio? I mean he’s going to Va Tech right?
I have no idea what he is doing. I unfollowed him.

But he seems to change his mind a lot. But I feel for him, both coaches that recruited him to Xavier and Cincinnati left.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #698
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post

JHub stated that "Brooks recruited himself to UC." Isnt that falling into Micks lap? Brooks may have had other offers but they were not listed on rivals, which I was going by initially, but seems to not list them for whatever reason, take that up with them.

When Curtis was deciding after decommitting from X, again according to rivals had offers From Kent State, Toledo and Akron, along with UC, all of those are MAC schools.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-curtis-171132

LOL @ first round exit only in 4 of last nine years, again setting the bar fairly low for JB, he only needs one S16 in 13 years to match the prior coach.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #699
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Tought to recruit players without a staff...m we need a freaking staff.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #700
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Seton Hall, St Johns & South Carolina All offered brooks.

Brannen is 0-2 in the NCAA tourney.

If he misses the tourney 2 years in a row, I want him gone and let the new Coaching search to begin. we can't afford to miss 2 tourneys in a row in a brand new arena.

So in my opinion JB has 2 seasons to work some before a fan base with extremely high expectations starts calling for his head.
Now who is placing high expectations for the new coach??