Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
The expectations were at least a final four this year with everyone we had returning. Personally i will be disappointed if they don't make it at least to the elite 8
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
bearcat1962

bearcat1962 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
The expectations were at least a final four this year with everyone we had returning. Personally i will be disappointed if they don't make it at least to the elite 8
Do you really believe the words you print? This team cannot score. This is a game about who scores the most. It cannot be more understandable.
bearcat1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
When are you appearing at "Go Bananas"?
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #24
BearcatMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1962 View Post
Do you really believe the words you print? This team cannot score. This is a game about who scores the most. It cannot be more understandable.
Absolutely. Myself and many others in here believe this team is capable of something very very special. They just need to relax and hit their open shots
Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #25
BearcatMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
When are you appearing at "Go Bananas"?
What??
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #26
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
This is my whole bitch right now. I don't see anything by way of personnel changes to try and change things. Throw the same 5 out night after night and hope. Damn it man, put Thomas or Sanders in the line up and play 4 guards!!!! If you have no low post play to your strengths. Thomas can get to the basket and he isn't going to turn it over any more than Rubles. Sanders has been playing pretty well and does rebound and pass and can hit shots. It's tough to score when you get 2 shots a game. Last night UC's bench shot 5, count em 5 shots in 40 minutes. Four guards and press and run but the staff refuses to change a damn thing.
i agree completely with you Jeff...let Rubles be the sole bigger player and force him to remain within 10ft of the hoop, and let these other smaller/faster players play a faster/uptempo offense that Mick has spoke of for the last 2 years...

back to topic...i would be extremely proud of this team/university of they made the sweet 16...this would mean they played tenacious defense and and a productive offense which would finally show some growth/maturity...i hope they make me proud

Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
This is my whole bitch right now. I don't see anything by way of personnel changes to try and change things. Throw the same 5 out night after night and hope. Damn it man, put Thomas or Sanders in the line up and play 4 guards!!!! If you have no low post play to your strengths. Thomas can get to the basket and he isn't going to turn it over any more than Rubles. Sanders has been playing pretty well and does rebound and pass and can hit shots. It's tough to score when you get 2 shots a game. Last night UC's bench shot 5, count em 5 shots in 40 minutes. Four guards and press and run but the staff refuses to change a damn thing.
1) stop subbing guys in/out so damn much and 2) 4 guard press "40 minutes of hell." We need to play to our strengths, give up a few easy buckets, but take the offense that comes with pressing. If we can get a few easy buckets to get us going, we could be fine the rest of the game because it will stretch out the defense. Plus, I know we have the athletes to press all game. That is one thing this team isn't short on-athletes.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
after last night i will be happy with an invite. pretty sad after a sweet 16 and what we had coming back.

at somepoint you have to look and see where and how it happen. i'll just leave it at that..
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #29
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
after last night i will be happy with an invite. pretty sad after a sweet 16 and what we had coming back.

at somepoint you have to look and see where and how it happen. i'll just leave it at that..
Very disappointing thus far, but we aren't alone. UK, NC State, UNC, UCLA, Missouri, Creighton, UNLV, Baylor, San Diego State, and Florida State have all failed to live up to the hype at this point. Still plenty of basketball left to change that though.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #30
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
Very disappointing thus far, but we aren't alone. UK, NC State, UNC, UCLA, Missouri, Creighton, UNLV, Baylor, San Diego State, and Florida State have all failed to live up to the hype at this point. Still plenty of basketball left to change that though.
that there is.

i can understand uk and unc struggles. unlv has been playing good ball since dropping to 500 in confrence. mizzo has had a lot of issues with players so i can see why they struggle. ucla is in good postion after getting everybody to gel.

sds, fl st, and uc are head scratchers though.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote